Harbor Jack Repair

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carym2a

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I would like to send a big thinkyou out to all the fallers we knew and still know that we repaired treejacks for since 1968 to 2001+,I spent hours with my father as we fixed tree treejacks from Coosbay Ore. to Eureka Cal. So the next you see an orange Walker , Duff norton or a Silvey treejacks on the west coast that are over twenty years old and still going we thankyou:)

Cary

I'll be danged. I did not realize that this was a profession. I have had the opportunity to use silvey tree saver jacks, and now own a set, but always figured if they needed worked on you sent them back to Silvey. Do you guys work on chisel chain grinders as well?

There's a guy in Roseburg, Or., that is currently repairing the Silvey (and other brands of) tree jacks. He was certified by Ray Silvey himself.

Is the place in Coos Bay still in business? Last time I checked, there wasn't a place over there to get jacks worked on.

I'll be danged. I did not realize that this was a profession. I have had the opportunity to use silvey tree saver jacks, and now own a set, but always figured if they needed worked on you sent them back to Silvey. Do you guys work on chisel chain grinders as well?

We did only jacks none of the grinders, Dad was catskinner by day so the repairs as they came in took place every night after dinner , we would head over to shop for a few hours and try and get one a night in the test stand for pressure checks, I used like hearing storys about how the fallers jacks got crushed under a big redwood or doug fir that backed over on them, that was about the only drama I ever heard coming out of the woods as I was growing up:)

Cary

I've never jacked a tree, and only had a handful of circumstance where I thought it would have been the right thing I needed. But, I'm also from the other side of the world, or so to speak. Obviously you area part of the real deal timber tradition, thanks for the work you did for lots of dedicated fallers, and I hope all is well. Stick around on here maybe, glad to have you here.

Sometimes this steep a$$ ground around here a jack was the only way to get them to go to bed when and where you want them to, there's still some very big timber out there that needs a push now and agian.

Cary

Back