Hardy Heater Improvement Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about just getting back to this. I did talk to him. He said the Corkscrew is for the H2, they are $60 plus shipping and the Heat Plate thing for the H4 is $190 plus shipping. He should call you back in the morning the day after you leave a VM. He told me that people that he had sold them to were getting about 25% better efficiency which would be really good. I don't have the extra cash at the moment, Im hoping somebody else on here picks one up so we can hear about the change in consumption!

Sorry about just getting back to this. I did talk to him. He said the Corkscrew is for the H2, they are $60 plus shipping and the Heat Plate thing for the H4 is $190 plus shipping. He should call you back in the morning the day after you leave a VM. He told me that people that he had sold them to were getting about 25% better efficiency which would be really good. I don't have the extra cash at the moment, Im hoping somebody else on here picks one up so we can hear about the change in consumption!

If this works as he says its a no brainer. He did call me back today but we are playing phone tag. $190 to get 25% better efficiency is a very good investment. I burn 20 face cord a year in my H5 economy (same as the H4 but with an external plate heat exchanger for domestic hot water). I am having a hard time believing that thing will save me 5 face cord per year.

Yea, I had the same problem with getting a hold of him playing phone tag back and forth since he only calls once a day and it will usually be in the morning, if you miss him you are SOL for the day. I asked him if he has another number to get a hold of him but he said no, the voicemail is how he does everything, a little frustrating. Yea I burn about 10-12 full cord per year so we are burning just about the same. I get it for $100 per cord so in one years time it should pay itself off if it works as well as he says. He seems straight forward and honest. He threw out the 25% number. Someone else on this thread said that they knew some people with it and they claimed up to 40% savings. So the 25% he claims is much more conservative than those people using them and if they said as much as 40%, they must have seen a significant change in wood usage.

Last edited:
So an improvement I have been thinking about is adding some sort of wedge on top of the I beams since logs seem to get stuck to the side of the grates and not burn well/ at all. Any one else thought about this? I think it would be pretty easy to weld some sort of wedge/triangle on top of each of the I beams so that any logs on the side would end up rolling into the middle.

So, did anyone ever get one of the "plates"? If so, how's it working out?

I called the guy and he called me righ back the next day. He wasn't too enthusiastic but said he would follow up in a day or two with shipping costs. That was over 2 months ago and he hasn't called back.

I think I'm gonna make one myself. It doesn't look too complicated.

Have not bought them or made one up yet. Real easy though. Just get a C channel that is probably 2.5"x8". Cut in half, weld some tabs with bolt holes, put it up, bolt it togeather. Real simple, just haven't had the time. Don't know if it would make a difference, this guy swears it would.

Update

Bringing this old thread back to life, Guy left me a voice mail said he was re-doing the plate for the H-4 because people would not slide open the door daily for clean out. Anyone have one they could measure up for me so I could build my own?

Latest posts

Back