Have a look at this pic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Reaction score
I'm considering buying this damaged parts saw for the piston/cylinder to repair mine. They say the piston/cylinder is fine, but I don't like that line down the piston. It looks very similar to mine and it's Fubar. What do you think? The ebay listing is # 190023342635

Ian

edit: punctuation correction.

Last edited:
I think that line is just from the port or something?

Like when you have the openings in the bottom of the cylinder for the gas charge, it wears different on the piston?

Maybe Im wrong...I dont know...:dizzy:

I've asked him to turn the engine over till the ring is visible and send me a pic of that. Mine was siezed there and it was obvious, even to this inexperienced eye.

I took my saw apart about an hour ago, and most of the damage was limited to the cylinder wall. On the piston, it was pretty much limited to the area right around the ring groove on one side. It looks like the ring siezed and scored the cylinder wall without damaging the actual piston too much. That line on the ebay saw may very well be from port wear.

Hmm... any other opinions out there?

I went back out and took the piston off the rod to get a better look. I distinctly heard the circlip hit the back shop wall, but I think maybe it phased thru it and is now out in the yard. :bang:

Anywho... there is no port in line with that groove other than the exhaust, and it doesn't match that one. It was ring damage. I think I'll pass on this ebay saw. It's got the same mark and I don't know of a good excuse for it to be there.

thanks,
Ian

Latest posts

Back