Having a little fun with my 361! (w/ pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wood4heat

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Had a dead tree out back I wanted to get before the bugs got it. Looks like the top had blown out of it, any idea what would cause this? (besides wind)

The tools: (just noticed the beer can, that was from a previous night up at the neighbors :p)

attachment.php

The tree, it’s the one in the center with brackets around the base and the top missing. There are no buildings or anything nearby so my only two concerns are getting it hung up in another tree or sending it across the property line 20' to the west. It has a slight lean in that direction and the guy living there is a genuine #######. I really don’t want it on his property.

attachment.php

Down right where I wanted it!

attachment.php

All bucked up and ready for the wood pile!

attachment.php

more to come...

continued...

Loading up & hauling out:

attachment.php

The drop off point:

attachment.php

The evenings take, got a couple small trees and piled their logs on top:

attachment.php

Sweet, Ya dropped it right where you wanted it too. Some more of that free heat for winter.

Yeah I was pretty happy with myself. This was by far the biggest tree I've ever tackled. :biggrinbounce2:

Looks good. Your gonna have trouble putting them big ol' rounds in that stove in your avatar.

LOL! Yeah well I'm not planning to burn it until next year so I've got time to figure something out. :D

Nice wheeler too. That cart hauls a good load too.

The trailer is pretty lightweight but has been surprisingly durable. The box is lined with particle board which added a lot of strength. Sometime over the winter I want to build 1' side extensions and put on it.

Whenever I make time for another project I'll get pics up.

Wood,
Nice pics. Are you running a 20" bar on that 361? I only have an 18 on mine. I got no redwoods to cut down.

That appears to be alot of Poison Ivy around that tree.. I can look at the stuff and get a rash

I was looking at it while I was in there but don't think it is. At least if you can count on that leaves of three thing. The leaves look the similar but without any reddening and were growing out all along the branch. If it was I got lucky, I was obviously working right in it but didn't get any rash. I'm feeling kinda itchy now though, thanks.

Latest posts

Back