Hawaii Trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ozzy, Google "big ficus." Same thing. :-/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

2099733f-9c38-9011.jpg

2099733f-9c4d-bf7b.jpg

2099733f-9c65-c753.jpg

2099733f-9c7f-d9d0.jpg

Not sure what these species are. I just was down at the beach snorkeling and taking under water pics. These trees were common there. The tall variety looks something like what I've seen So Cal desert area.

The tree on the top is ironwood and the one on the bottom
is kiawe. Both are excellent for the BBQ or for firewood.

I trimmed a large monkeypod tree on Friday and these are some
pictures I took while on the tree. I must say tree climbers have the
best views.

Ya, lots of T n A.

Thanks for naming those.

Out getting a bite then calling it a day. We're all doing the four wheelers on the valcano or waterfalls or something tomorrow. :-/

I was going to take pics of the T n A on the beach etc, but I knew StihlO and MDS don't go that way. Gotta make the new bend on the website n all. Ya, well....we'll see about that. T n A --- Trees n Azs

Last edited:
There are no trees up here-13,000 feet on top of the volcano. Just putting that out there. Passing out though. Crimeny!

ho-dad at 13,000'

some of you older farts might recognize the bikes. my 1st coco prune at 9yrs old. some fishing shots:msp_biggrin:
so the idiot in the red ford(J.d. Sharp) IS OUR LOCAL HACK/CON ARTIEST . He towed that truck to the No Parking sign and there it sits 6 months later. free advertisement.

The Banyan tree? in Maui was the most incredible tree Ive ever saw. Truly amazing! I will defenitly be going back to Maui again. I was there on 2007. The wife and i got hitched there on McKenna surf beach. Maui IMHO, is all that and then some. Paradise.

Last edited:
When I lived and worked down in fort laurderdale (20 years ago) there was a huge banyan tree in one of these upscale developments. I got in trouble for carving my initials in it with an 020, and we had to do some free pruning on it as a result. lol. I remember it had some kind of disease and we pruned out the infested parts. Those air roots can pose a serious hazzard if ya don't see one and think you're cutting a piece free... big ficus or strangler figs were even worse.

other random pics

Aye FOR THE ACTION. I'm working downtown again today if you want to stop by the operation. Go to the pier and listen or look up you'll see me in the boom.
There is only 1 house down town (Paul Mitchels) next to the fish hopper. oh hell if your going to be here a while call me up i can give you some inside scoop on the island. my # is on craigslist under services. or type in tree service and logging. have fun here . be safe.

International logging congress had a show in Maui this year and why I dont know because we have all the trees. Im going to have to bring that up with Mr. Pihl ..... AGAIN FOR THE 100TH TIME. our timber is some of the best in the world because of the specie range. 1,000's of acres of 100yr old, planted timber few people know about.

International logging congress had a show in Maui this year and why I dont know because we have all the trees. Im going to have to bring that up with Mr. Pihl ..... AGAIN FOR THE 100TH TIME. our timber is some of the best in the world because of the specie range. 1,000's of acres of 100yr old, planted timber few people know about.

Are you in the Hawaii'an Islands? The Big Island maybee? Please excuse my ignorance. BTW, cool pic of you and Mr.Phil -He was always my favorite on Axe Men

yeah Im on the kona side. Mikes a good guy for the industry. A little new school ideas with a lot of old school consideration. I dont take pics at work but the owner has 100s . one of these days I'll throw a bunch on

I remember the coffee......Kona beans I believe they were...very good! American made coffee at that!! :clap:

20ada12e-7976-0a44.jpg

He lost his tail. These guys climb walls, and I heard that these sell gecko insurance. Whatever....you know.

Trees, trees, trees, too busy to post them up. We don't have time to stop and see you, Arbs. I appreciate the downlowd tho. \m√

When I lived and worked down in fort laurderdale (20 years ago) there was a huge banyan tree in one of these upscale developments. I got in trouble for carving my initials in it with an 020, and we had to do some free pruning on it as a result. lol. I remember it had some kind of disease and we pruned out the infested parts. Those air roots can pose a serious hazzard if ya don't see one and think you're cutting a piece free... big ficus or strangler figs were even worse.

MDS, well....you're MDS.

20ada12e-7976-0a44.jpg

He lost his tail. These guys climb walls, and I heard that these sell gecko insurance. Whatever....you know.

Trees, trees, trees, too busy to post them up. We don't have time to stop and see you, Arbs. I appreciate the downlowd tho. \m√

So rather than meet the man and talk trees, Hawaii etc., you decided to hang around the hotel and torture defenseless lizards with your pasty little fruit hands?? Sounds about right.. :laugh:

Last edited:
So rather than meet the and talk trees, Hawaii etc., you decided to hang around the hotel and torture defenseless lizards with your pasty little fruit hands?? Sounds about right.. :laugh:

Eh, you know like you know how it would go on the day we ever meet and to demonstrate how these hands actually work on your head. Giddy giddy giddy, hey we'd have a good work out day. You'll tell me about the constellations floating around in your little head. We'll have a Gweat ol' time. :)

Eh, you know like you know how it would go on the day we ever meet and to demonstrate how these hands actually work on your head. Giddy giddy giddy, hey we'd have a good work out day. You'll tell me about the constellations floating around in your little head. We'll have a Gweat ol' time. :)

Yeah, if you ever make it to CT, make sure you stop by.. I have a pipe wrench with the side of your head written all over it! Seriously! :msp_thumbup:

You can't swing the thing worth a danm. Reality check. So now tell us about the firearm that's got my name on it too because that's the only one you'll ever carry well again, pops.

Back