Hawaii Trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20999c31-00c9-2cb3.jpg

20999c31-00ed-cfec.jpg

You're on the beach one minute, and next you think you're on Mars or the moon out here. Then the jungle or the pastures. Hell of a state, people. Lots of tree species from around the world here. Lots of trees and colorful fish, colorful birds and colorful everything else even people. Oh, even lots of huge trees. This is the state to see, or you just haven't seen anything yet.

\m√ (thumb n pinky sign)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Come 1 come all. Briing that big mainland $ we need it. The gecko you have is an insasive spacie so befoore you let him go smash his head. The tree pic is kiawe same as befose. You haole's know it as Acacia. Black locuct, honey locust same junk. The big banyan in the 1st shot .......$ 1,000 for the prune. Took 2 days by myself. Times are tuff here but the trees don't care they grow and grow. Come come come just don't forget to go go go when you stop spending $.

Stopping by CT straight out of here for a seminar. MDS, my arrival is at 2 am, but you'll be tweaking all night, so you still be awake to pick me up off the plane, ol' buddy. We'll go over who is in the tree services and who shoulda quit real nicely. :)

209c380a-b9ea-a8d8.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for stopping by the island glad you left. All we need is another tree service in a town with 50 to many. speaking of tweaking is your index finger fondling that big headed ball boy?:msp_confused: I'll keep the pix cumn

anybody have a bigger bar for my wild thing chainsaw

Holy ****, Arbs! I'm taking that photo for my FB page.

And ya, it was great. It's a great state. Music here is good too.

Well, I think we did it all-volcanos, snorkel, sub, four wheelers, didn't get to swim with your dolphins, but I ran into about 20 of your sea turtles. What would be really memorable before I head out?

That baseball guy......my idol. ;)

Thanks for stopping by the island glad you left. All we need is another tree service in a town with 50 to many. speaking of tweaking is your index finger fondling that big headed ball boy?:msp_confused: I'll keep the pix cumn

anybody have a bigger bar for my wild thing chainsaw

wow! that is awesome, should put that in the pic of the year thread,clearly the winner. Now, what in the world is that! is that a Banyan? Worked a tree like that once in San Diego, but I was a fly on the wall more than anything, that looked something like that, not sure what is was, Jeff? I gotta get out of Iowa!

How old do you think that is?

Last edited:
wow! that is awesome, should put that in the pic of the year thread,clearly the winner. Now, what in the world is that! is that a Banyan? Worked a tree like that once in San Diego, but I was a fly on the wall more than anything, that looked something like that, not sure what is was, Jeff? I gotta get out of Iowa!

How old do you think that is?

The tropics are a trip for sure. When I got back from south FL, people would say "they don't really have big trees in Florida.. mostly just palm trees, no"? You just gotta get inland more, there are some serious trees down there... I mean I read once that supposedly some Ficus trees can get 150' tall and have a canopy 150' around. That's a big ####ing tree!! Try limbwalking every single lead in something like that and doing a reduction on the canopy... yeah, that's real treework in its own right!

The 1st tree in the pic (big ficus) I pruned for a grand. Times are tough. The banyan in Oahu has a canopy almost 2 acres aroound. After leaving Oregon I thought I had the big stuff down. Hawaii is a hole nes world. . Biggest problem I fight is the sap of the trees. Centepedes Rats ahh no5hing but the sap either stickes like $%=& to a wool blanket or it burns but all of it is hard on my saws . There is chemical in the palms that turns the aluminum into mush. I clean and repaint the chain side case with white appliance paint every 2 weeks.

The 1st tree in the pic (big ficus) I pruned for a grand. Times are tough. The banyan in Oahu has a canopy almost 2 acres aroound. After leaving Oregon I thought I had the big stuff down. Hawaii is a hole nes world. . Biggest problem I fight is the sap of the trees. Centepedes Rats ahh no5hing but the sap either stickes like $%=& to a wool blanket or it burns but all of it is hard on my saws . There is chemical in the palms that turns the aluminum into mush. I clean and repaint the chain side case with white appliance paint every 2 weeks.

Wow. What kind of prune, and how long did it take?

And I wouldn't complain too much... I mean you live in paradise bro.. there has to be a price for that!

I'm driving around here, and I see lots of stubs left on the trees. Not all of them. This isn't a good thing, or is it? I'd guess it gives the tree time to compartmentalize against invasive rot, but then against some don't know what to do.

The tropics are a trip for sure. When I got back from south FL, people would say "they don't really have big trees in Florida.. mostly just palm trees, no"? You just gotta get inland more, there are some serious trees down there... I mean I read once that supposedly some Ficus trees can get 150' tall and have a canopy 150' around. That's a big ####ing tree!! Try limbwalking every single lead in something like that and doing a reduction on the canopy... yeah, that's real treework in its own right!

Yea,somebody made a post awhile back saying''No trees over 40 ft tall in Fl."Yeah,sure.lol
As I told him though,I can see where the beach dwellers could get that impression.The way they have developed land the last 20 years here is to scrape everything down to bare dirt,build then put little sticks in the ground afterwards.And the funny thing is 90% of what they plant is nonm native palms and of course they have to plant some hardwood canopy trees curbside ,so they plant cute little live oaks ,a foot and a half back from the sidewalk and 2 feet from in between the driveways in cases where the drives are one on left,one on right on some housing pairs.
IDK? live oaks dont get very big ,do they?:monkey:

Wow. What kind of prune, and how long did it take?

And I wouldn't complain too much... I mean you live in paradise bro.. there has to be a price for that!

The big banyan took 2 days. Lots of bucket truck action. I hate that bucket truck , to hard on my lower back. I guess you could say we did it for the sense of saying "we did that tree" but that doesn't pay my bills. The prune wasn't a full\proper prune. Clean some shag out of the middle and some shaping. The cops had me remove some braches for their survalence camera.

Woodsman 44. The pic is up in Greenville oh. at a friend of mines farrm house. New girlfriend, in a brand new saddle, in the buck. Like life the saddle out lasted the girl. She did enjoy climbing and ground work but apparently acting in comercials and modeling seem to pay more.

Gotta complain, and I am sure ALL OTHER'S WILL AGREE, that pic of the saddle is to small, should be able to read the wrighting, ya know, to check the specs :hmm3grin2orange:

Here is some photos of a huge monkeypod tree that I and a young climber with 1 year experience, deadwooded 3 years ago for $3500. It took four days. The tree was about 85 ft. tall with a canopy spread of at least 250 ft. No one had worked on that tree for four years. We did not have to haul the debris away. It was nuts climbing all over that thing.

View attachment 218752View attachment 218753View attachment 218754View attachment 218755

Me and my wife have been talking about a vaca, have never had one, ever! Think these pics have made up my mind, coming to the big island! Going to contact one of you guys when I do, I have got to get in one of those banyans, they are too cool! Hawaii it is...........maybe Ill get to meet Dog and Beth!

Latest posts

Back