hawken or CB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heat a small house approx. 1000 Sq. Ft. I also heat a full block basement that is 1000 Sq. Ft. that is not insulated. And a 24' x 36' garage as necessary. I love it I only feed it once a day even in the coldest weather. They all say bigger is better but I have to disagree. If your unit is to big it will smolder a lot and build a lot of creosote. Mine is over kill for my small place I may start keeping the garage heated all the time next year with a larger heat exchanger. I only have a small single pass radiator in there now.

CB Warranty Phony

CB warranty states 25 years, but fine print covers firebox only for 10. Very misleading. On the other hand, Hawken covers their firebox for full 20 years. My dad has a Hawken and says nobody stands behind their product better than Hawken. I know several people who have had warranty problems with their Central Boilers and CB told them to take a hike. CB said that if they want any warranty coverage, they need to hire an attorney and sue Central. Not a good business model if you want customer loyalty and satisfaction!

Thats funny Hawken sent me a check after I fixed mine and told me"Thats it no more warranty for you"

You must have a "Global"

Beerman, you must have a Global, not a Hawken. Hawken used to be a distributor for the GH-1000 (listed on your post as the product you own), but that product was manufactured in Canada by a company called Global Hydronics. Hawken does not do business with Global any more. Global tried to get out of covering warranties, so Hawken sued them and forced them to. According to other posts here, it sounds like you can get full coverage now since Hawken has paid big bucks to sue Global on behalf of their customers. My dad says he knows several people who had this happen and Hawken took care of them. Regardless, Hawken manufactures their own furnaces now and they control quality, warranty coverage, everything. But all you have to do is ask and they take care of it all. How much money was the check for that Hawken sent you?

yes its a Global.

The place I bought it from went out of business,some how I got hooked up with Hawken.

They wanted me to hire a welder and they would reimburse me "up to $300"

I would lose more than that taking a day off to hang out waiting,so I welded it myself.

They sent me a $200 check and informed me that the warranty was over and blamed it on the water treatment I used...I might have understood that if they had any clue what it was,but they never asked.

The OWB was only 2 years old when it started leaking and the treatment I was using came with it.

Back