Heading out for the Royal Easter Show - Sydney, Australia - today!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arden Cogar Jr.

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello All;
My misses and I are heading to Australia today for the Royal Easter Show held in Sydney. Not much chainsaw racing down there except for one husky "goofy" cut (bore, up, then down; up cut; down cut). But the woodchopping and crosscut saw racing is plentiful (every 12 minutes for 10 days from 9:00am until 5:00pm except sundays).

The US Men's team will consist of myself, Matt Bush, Mike Sullivan, Richard Jordan, Mikey Forrestor, and Carson Bosworth. I believe Dennis Daun's the manager. The US Women's team will consist of Mary Dooley, Andrea Robarge, Wendy Parks, Lindsay Daun, Peg Engasser and Nancy Zalewski. Either Dennis or myself will serve as the manager of the woman's team; I don't know if that duty's been bestowed upon me officially.

We're heading out a few days early to hit a woodchop in Nowra known as "Toby's chop." Toby Davis, one of the major sponosrs for the RES so gratiously hosts a woodchop at one of his saw mills in southern NSW and it's a great social event. The RES woodchop doesn't begin until Saturday, so we should have a day or two to enjoy the sun before our hands start to hurt.

Oh yeah, the silver top ash we chop and saw is as hard as a bulls forehead. The closest thing we have to it in the states is Red Elm or Black oak. Wicked hard, but awesomely fun to cut. You have to be extremely precise in order to cut hard wood well; if you spray your hits in the least, you'll never get the log off. I'm looking forward to it.

Have a great one,
Arden Cogar Jr. aka Jamie

Richard Jordan is a customer of mine, he seemed to be looking forward to going. Good luck guys!

Thanks All. Things are going well. Richards is keeping his own. And Justin "junk" Beckett won one of the championships at Nowra and Dale Ryan won the other. I got third in one of the championships, which is an accomplishment in it's own right all things considered.

We're having a wonderful time and my hands are holding up. Let's give it a few more days. :p

All the best,
Jamie

Latest posts

Back