Heading south and hunting saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think with all the pulp mills in Georgia you would have the best in your own backyard?

Lots of timber harvesting around here but they don't use chainsaws. A lot of timber crews use one type of saw regularly and that is a pole saw like a Stihl HT101 or HT131 and that gets utilized to trim the tails of the logs if they are protruding off the trailer beyond the safe or legal length. The butt end of the logs go to the front and the "tops" hang off the back. The processor cuts the logs to length but apparently it isn't perfect.

Here is the link to the one I was referring to. ____ STIHL Chainsaw - - - - MS 660 Magnum Just seems like too good of a deal to be true. If this is a legit deal, someone should jump on that like a bum on a biscuit.

Jeeeeeeez someone buy that! Who's got post-christmas money? There's gotta be a bunch of single guys here who didn't blow last month's paycheck on their kids haha :msp_tongue:

That does look like a fine deal for someone.

He seems to have a bunch O Stihls, If it was legit, someone snagged it by now.

That does look like a fine deal for someone.

He seems to have a bunch O Stihls, If it was legit, someone snagged it by now.

Maybe, but $500 cash is probably pretty rare to be available for a used saw the week after Christmas. So if someone needs one of those, it wouldn't hurt to ring the guy. I plan on posting up a 066/660 for sale within the next week or so but I sure wouldn't sell it for that. Hey, he's hurting my market! Make it go away!

Latest posts

Back