Heat Exchanger

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RON58

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I use a IWB thats connected to my oil boiler.Water temp is a constant 170-180.There is a domestic coil in the wood boiler that I don't use. I was wondering if I could use the coil to a smaller water to air exchanger and blow some heat into a partial crawl space under my house. Would it be worth trying or would it rob to much heat from my baseboards? Thanks.

Why do you want to heat your crawl space? If the crawl space is open and drafty I could see you losing a fair amount of heat.

If your crawl space is insulated or you are having problems with your pipes there may be a benefit.

Its very well insulated. When I used the coal stoker I ran a 8" duct pipe over there off the plenum. It kept the living room and dining room floor nice and comfy on the feet.Every little bit helps.

It should help get rid of the draftiness in the house. Expect your wood consumption to increase some, but the even heat in your house should make it worthwhile

Latest posts

Back