Heavy logging machines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran this JD 2154 for the last 7 years, and a Cat 320 for the previous 7 years.
20220129_145527.jpg
Feed by a JD 848, nicest skidder I've ever ran. The seat even flips around with the controls attached to it.Screenshot_20240410-235450_Gallery.jpg
Ran a bunch of different logging machines in the past, John Deere, Clark, Mountain Logger, Timberjack, Dresser, International, Cat, Prentice, Serco, etc.

Saved this ole Mountain Logger from the scrap heap. Use it to plow my driveway, and sanitary logging around the place.

20220108_090242.jpg

When they were logging our place, they blew out two tires and a hydraulic hose. Not a cheap experience.

I love to watch a good skidder operator work. Those machines amaze me.

Ran this JD 2154 for the last 7 years, and a Cat 320 for the previous 7 years.
View attachment 1169040
Feed by a JD 848, nicest skidder I've ever ran. The seat even flips around with the controls attached to it.View attachment 1169042
Ran a bunch of different logging machines in the past, John Deere, Clark, Mountain Logger, Timberjack, Dresser, International, Cat, Prentice, Serco, etc.

Saved this ole Mountain Logger from the scrap heap. Use it to plow my driveway, and sanitary logging around the place.

View attachment 1169043
Here's a cool fact the john deere 948 Is john deeres biggest skidder but cat makes the 545 and 555 which is bigger then the 948

When they were logging our place, they blew out two tires and a hydraulic hose. Not a cheap experience.

I love to watch a good skidder operator work. Those machines amaze me.
Ahh yeah the cats gonna need tires soon and if you ever get the chance watch a good feller buncher operator

Here's a cool fact the john deere 948 Is john deeres biggest skidder but cat makes the 545 and 555 which is bigger then the 948
I liked the Cat 320 I ran. Very comfortable cab, and a excellent undercarriage.

The 848 we ran, required a pilot car to move. It was also a bear to get turned off the steeps into a lateral trail, but was a beast for uphill skidding. We previously used two 648 swingers, and one 848 was able to duplicate the same production.

I liked the Cat 320 I ran. Very comfortable cab, and a excellent undercarriage.

The 848 we ran, required a pilot car to move. It was also a bear to get turned off the steeps into a lateral trail, but was a beast for uphill skidding. We previously used two 648 swingers, and one 848 was able to duplicate the same production.

She does look like a beast are 525 is a monster to it can make mud look like it's Nothing and pulling hardwood timber is a breeze with it hardly ever do we have a problem we previously ran a timberjack 450 and it was **** only pull one tree at a time slow to now as moving the skidders we don't do no pilot cars generally were clear

My brother has a couple Timberjacks. They came from a different era of logging. Ole screaming Detroit going to wake the neighbors, even half mile away.

Back