Hello and 084 questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwm

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi I have been fixing small engines for 30 plus years. I have alot of experience working on Stihl chainsaws but not too many 084 acroos the bench.. I am currently rehabbing an early 084. Will the late 1308 coil work with the early single keyway flywheel? Saw originally had the separate trigger module and coil. Has anyone had experience with the 1308 coils coming out of China?
Thanks Dave

Hi Dave -

If you had the early two-piece, non rev-limited ignition and matching single-key flywheel, then you should be ok with the 1308 coil.

@stihltech can likely verify. I believe the 1308s are non rev-limited.

I can't speak to the Chinese 1308 coils but the other Chinese coils I've tried have been hit or miss and I don't mess with them now.

Hi Dave -

If you had the early two-piece, non rev-limited ignition and matching single-key flywheel, then you should be ok with the 1308 coil.

@stihltech can likely verify. I believe the 1308s are non rev-limited.

I can't speak to the Chinese 1308 coils but the other Chinese coils I've tried have been hit or miss and I don't mess with them now.
Thanks Jacob
That's what I have read thanks for confirming. I am not thrilled about the Chinese coil but with originals $200 plus when they show up its my only chance to get this one up and running. Maybe I can find an oem in the future.

No Chinese coils.
Not sure on the crossover. Don't see hardly any that big here. Never had to repair an ignition. (Watch, I will have one tomorrow).
661 Is the top limit. Trees aren't that big.

Same issue here not many big saws 044 is the norm. This is the 2nd 084 I have worked on. There is little need for them here. Seams to be very info out there on them. I guess I will be the guinea pig on this. I will report back with my results.

Got my Chinese coil looks like it fits. I will need to finish the other repairs before I can give a full report

Attachments

• 20240521_183111.jpg
    20240521_183111.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Back