Hello to all on the site

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missing Link

Reaction score
Hi everyone just new to the site here but have collected lots of great advice on saw repairs in the last few weeks. For some reason folks I know that have problematic chainsaws and want to get rid of them seem to give them to me, (I'm not complaining), and I become obsessed with making them run again, (my wife tells me I may have a problem :)) . Recent additions to my collection were a Husky 41, (not a professional saw by any means but in the few weeks since I got it running it has cleared a lot of trail on my trapline), Stihl MS 260, (really love this saw and it seems more than willing to fight above it weight class) and most recently an 036. The 036 has very few hours of run time on it and I just couldn't see it thrown in the dumpster because someone didn't want to bother to give it some TLC, (again; I may have a slight problem). Replaced a broken fuel line on it and it starts and screams until I hit the throttle then it dies. I'm curious if the previous owner may have messed with the carb settings when he couldn't get it started???. Going to pick up a rebuild kit for the carb and likely a new impulse line to see if that fixes the issue and if necessary after that do a deep dive and it will run again. I look forward to learning all I can from the site and who knows I may be able to share some good suggestions at some point.
Thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge with folks like me that just love the smell of 2 stroke oil and wood chips.

M.L

Latest posts

Back