Hello, world! + new saw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a small update: I was just at my dads', and I bet him the saw would start within seven pulls on the cord. It took six. Apparently, there is a 12-14" tree (pine?) that needs felling, but he hasn't been able to do it on account of not being able to get the saw going. So hopefully within the next few weeks, we'll see what both me and the saw are made of.

Before that, I'll be changing some screws on the saw that have begun to rust. I don't thing they are a safety hazard just yet, but they sure irritate me, especially since the rest of the saw looks brand new.

A thought: Is it just me, or are the mufflers on these saws (Jonsered) really big? The one on the 2149 appears to be morte than twice the size as the one on my little Stihl.

I good, no great pro saw is an ms361 stihl. Has 4.5hp and only weighs around 12-13lbs without the bar. It will do anything that you ask of it. Im dying to own one. Would be a happy medium for me between my 260 and 660. I have CAD also, so you're not alone. Before you buy a 260, look at the 361 or 362. Alot more saw for just around 100 more bux.

A small update: For my birthday, I went to the local Stihl dealer to fondle some saws. The ms260 feels lighter and more manouverable than the Jred I already have, but otherwise much the same. May consider getting one used in time, since it is such a classic. Compared to the 2149, the ms361 doesn't feel much heavier, and still has a really nice balance with a 18" bar on it. This is clearly the pro saw for me as far as Stihls are concerned, I already put it on my wish list. The folks at the shop were all really friendly and gave me a Stihl keychain as i left. Top notch.

So, thanks for the input, Anthony, looks like you were right all along...

Cheers!

Back