Help! Assistance on finding a recoil Starter Spring Mall 2MG saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drobnock

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I had a running Mall 2MG. Until the recoil spring broke. Looking for assistance or suggestions to replace the spring. I do not want to use a pulley/cord starter. Intended use is for demonstrations.

image_123923953.JPG

I have only been fiddling about with chainsaws for a couple of decades and never needed to replace a recoil spring on a saw but have replaced many on motor mowers, small motors for water pumps, etc.

You'll need to find a spring with similar dimensions which should be easy, see eBay, then attend to each end appropriately to make it fit your application.

You may need to cut notches with a Dremel, drill holes with a cobalt tipped drill bit or use heat to make a bend or curl.

A bit trickier is when the pawl mechanism busts - that can be a real royal PITA to fix.

I have only been fiddling about with chainsaws for a couple of decades and never needed to replace a recoil spring on a saw but have replaced many on motor mowers, small motors for water pumps, etc.

You'll need to find a spring with similar dimensions which should be easy, see eBay, then attend to each end appropriately to make it fit your application.

You may need to cut notches with a Dremel, drill holes with a cobalt tipped drill bit or use heat to make a bend or curl.

A bit trickier is when the pawl mechanism busts - that can be a real royal PITA to fix.
Hi
I have searched ebay. Plenty of Mall parts, no recoil spring so far for a 2MG. We are trying to adapt a Mall 12, but at this time no progress. I suspect the spring is proprietary for this particular saw.
George

Latest posts

Back