Pioneer P50 value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubster

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently got a Pioneer P 50 for free that is in pretty fair condition cosmetically. I finally got a chance this morning to tear into it and see what all was wrong. Guy said it would not start and it took me 2 minutes to figure out one reason. I pulled the starter housing first to fix the recoil ,only to find the recoil spring is broken and more importantly there is no coil. Removal of the muffler which needs replaced shows no wear (or damage at least) of the piston or cylinder. Crank turns over smooth and everything else seems to be intact. My question is what would this saw would be worth in good running condition. I figure around $50 for a coil, $20 carb kit, $100 bar and chain, maybe around another $150 for clean-up and misc. items such as filters, fuel lines, crank seals, plug, recoil spring and starter rope and other things assuming the oiler works. So maybe around $300-375 parts to restore this saw to good running condition. The saw holds zero sentimental value to me and I really don't need this saw, but having owned a couple other P series saws I know these are some cutting fools. I figure my time doing the repairs would be worth at least $100 on the cheap side. So fix it or flop it for parts? Any advice would be appreciated

I recently got a Pioneer P 50 for free that is in pretty fair condition cosmetically. I finally got a chance this morning to tear into it and see what all was wrong. Guy said it would not start and it took me 2 minutes to figure out one reason. I pulled the starter housing first to fix the recoil ,only to find the recoil spring is broken and more importantly there is no coil. Removal of the muffler which needs replaced shows no wear (or damage at least) of the piston or cylinder. Crank turns over smooth and everything else seems to be intact. My question is what would this saw would be worth in good running condition. I figure around $50 for a coil, $20 carb kit, $100 bar and chain, maybe around another $150 for clean-up and misc. items such as filters, fuel lines, crank seals, plug, recoil spring and starter rope and other things assuming the oiler works. So maybe around $300-375 parts to restore this saw to good running condition. The saw holds zero sentimental value to me and I really don't need this saw, but having owned a couple other P series saws I know these are some cutting fools. I figure my time doing the repairs would be worth at least $100 on the cheap side. So fix it or flop it for parts? Any advice would be appreciated
You should post this in the Pioneer saws stickie.
https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/pioneer-chainsaws.70698/page-831#post-8015664

Latest posts

Back