help choosing outddor furnace Shaver?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyman666

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have been all over looking for info on owb and this seems to be the place to be. I dont see any feedback on Shaver furnaces. They are in my narrowed down list. Does anyone know about them. I want forced draft, mild steel. Need to heat 3000sf plus garage and hot tub. Dont like central boiler because of expensive parts to fix and no ash pan. Please help....:cheers:

Not sure about shaver brand, I have a Heatmor. Double think the Hot tub idea. I was talked out of doing mine by everyone that has done theirs. I did hook it up to the pool but I only need to run it for a few days then its warm enough for the season.

Im looking into the increased efficiency boilers that seem to be coming out so I cant help much.

Campnut, what info do you have about not hooking up a hot tub? I was planning on doing ours in the future.

I don't remember all the reasons but I think they told me that your electric cost would not be saved due to the fact that the pumps will still have to run and maybe run more. I don't think it can work like the hot water heater and cycle its self. Also my tub is outside so the cost of the insulated pipes would take a long time to recoop with the minamal elec. savings. I'm sure everyones senerio is a bit different I know I was talked out of hooking mine up.

I don't remember all the reasons but I think they told me that your electric cost would not be saved due to the fact that the pumps will still have to run and maybe run more. I don't think it can work like the hot water heater and cycle its self. Also my tub is outside so the cost of the insulated pipes would take a long time to recoop with the minamal elec. savings. I'm sure everyones senerio is a bit different I know I was talked out of hooking mine up.

I really cant go with you on that idea, my OWB pump is .8 amps the hot tub im sure is way the hell more then that. Also they are pretty easy to hook up.

Sorry cant help with Shaver but dont worry about the electric bill to run the pumps. I am running two loop pumps and draft blower and the 'lectric bill does not go up enough to notice. I think the total running load is less than the load of the 100 watt loading light up front:)

Back