Help Fixing This Old Craftsman Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makalandscape

Reaction score
Picked up this saw at the thrift store for $5.00 with a note that says "needs new fuel line". Anyone know the size of this fuel line... Can't get a definite answer on Google... Model 358.355050... Spark plug is cj8. Anything else to change when I take it apart? I'll clean the carb as well.....
Thanks!

Attachments

• 20180124_151250.jpg
    20180124_151250.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 21
Looks to be a rebranded Poulan saw. I just reworked a Craftsman/Poulan 3.7 saw that needed a new fuel line and used F4040A grade Tygon tubing that measured .211" OD and .117" ID.
The tubing is available at your local saw shop.

Poulan top handle saws can be an extra challenge when replacing fuel lines. I did a friends 25 DA a while back and I had to pull the flywheel off to get the job done. Hopefully you will be able to avoid this.

You should not have any problem replacing the fuel line since I am sure that it runs up through the top handle to the carburetor. In addition to cleaning the carburetor you may need to rebuild it. It is most likely a walbro which you can get a rebuild kit for it.

Back