Trouble starting my Husky 150BT Blower

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Automender

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ran into an issue starting my one 150BT blower and could use a little insight. Started up both my two 150bt this fall to make sure they were ready . Both started and ran fine. Two weeks later the one saw refused to start and sparkplug was perfectly dry and black after trying to start fully choked multiple times. This blower with a WYA-225 Walbro carb that ran rich the previous year and since the carb doesn't have a high speed mixture screw I just let it go and didn't try fixing it. I ended up pouring gas oil mix into the plug hole and blower fired up and ran choked. I opened the choke and saw ran fine but was still running rich. I used it for an hour and put it away only to have the same issue the next start.
I did the gas in plug hole and it started up and ran but stop a minute later. I checked the fuel lines and found a cracked line and replaced. Pumped primer and blower started right up. Used it and checked the plug after an hour and plug was now a good brown color and seems to not be running rich. I thought she was fixed but today the blower would not start without gas mix in spark plug hole.
So I assume I have a carb issue but why does it run and idle once the starts. Do I have a primer valve leaking or something else?
I can replace the carb for under $30 but I am interested in finding the root cause. Any help would be appreciated. Never had this issue on any of my other equipment.

So I assume I have a carb issue but why does it run and idle once the starts. Do I have a primer valve leaking or something else?
I would look first at the primer bulb and even the lines to and from it, make sure you have fuel flowing into the bulb and then out to the carb. Remove the hose from the carburetor and inspect the fuel intake on the carb and make sure there isn't something partially blocking the tube. With the saw running fine after you get it going, I would guess that the rest of the carb (high/low jets) are fine.

Good luck with the troubleshooting!

The primer bulb isn't super solid when I prime it and the return line does have a few bubbles in it.
Yeah, the primer bulb should easily squish and return and after a few presses you should be able to get it mostly filled and in the process it is putting fresh fuel in front of your carb. I don't think that the bubbles in the return line would be an issue as long as you are getting some fuel to the carb.

How does the primer bulb and the return line compare on your working blower to the stubborn blower? Do you also get the bubbles in the return line with that one too?

Latest posts

Back