HELP for a newbie with a HomeLite Super Mini

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffstar

Reaction score
Hi, first post here.

My father in law gave me a used but (was) working HomeLite Super Mini (50158).

I used it a few times and it started and worked well, except the idle was a bit slow and had a tendancy to stall. I tweaked the two carb adjustments a bit, and the idle picked up and seemed to work perfect until I attempted to start it a few days later. It would not start and was flooded. I took out the plug and blew out the cylinder with some compressed air and it started up first pull after that.

Again when I attempted to start it a week later, flooded and will not start.

I think my carb screw tinkering has screwed things up.

Can anyone offer suggestions on how to adjust this thing correctly, or how to troubleshoot it.

I understand large 750-1000cfm holley carbs, but don't have a clue about these little jobs. It is a Walbro and has three adjustment screws: HI, LO, and one above the HI-LO pair that seems to be an idle speed ajdustment (the top idle speed adjstutment screw does not look like it's doing anything because it's screwed out too far).

Thanks,

Jeff

Last edited:
I don't know what the "stock" settings are. These carbs have a flexible diaprahm inside that can wear out or harden over time, then it's carb rebuild kit time. Try walbro's website they may have the schematics showing how the internals work.

If it's running then you should be able to adjust the H mix at full throttle to where it bogs from being too lean, then make it bog from too rich. Find where it runs the fastest (which is a tad too lean) then richen it up till it starts to slow down a little.

Latest posts

Back