Help! Husqvarna 545 cylinder/piston replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seankosh

Stihl 011Av
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I just purchased a great looking husqvarna 545 autotune for around $150. The problem with it is the cylinder and piston are scored, The reason it scored is because the side transfer port leaked and it ran lean. My question is are there any aftermarket cylinders/piston kits out there? The OEM ones run about $250... I'm hoping to spend less than that. The cylinder is 43mm... Will I be able to run a different cylinder/piston on it? Possibly a 45mm?

I'm new to the forums and chainsaws in general, any help will greatly be appreciated!

Also I found this... Would it work? I would just need to find a new cylinder if it does. http://www.hlsproparts.com/Husqvarna-545-550XP-piston-kit-577-04-70-02-p/h31550.htm

Withput pictures of the damage i have to mention cleaning up the cylinder with the mastermind no acid method. Then just replace the piston only. Id way rather have oem then am.

Thanks! What would the best cleaning solution be for the cylinder? Also, what would make the side port leak air and cause the engine to run lean?

If you go up to the sticky section you will see the " how to clean transfer without acid" thread give it a watch. But basically use emery cloth sand paper in a split arbor and a dremel tool or the like. I recommend the method highly. Again your jug may be scrap. Alot can be saved even if its not perfect it will be way better then aftermarket.

There is a sticky right above this thread in the chainsaw forum. It's called the mastermind method.

If you go up to the sticky section you will see the " how to clean transfer without acid" thread give it a watch. But basically use emery cloth sand paper in a split arbor and a dremel tool or the like. I recommend the method highly. Again your jug may be scrap. Alot can be saved even if its not perfect it will be way better then aftermarket.

Thank you! I just found the thread. Seems to be a pretty smart method! I'll give it a try and see of it can be saved.

Back