Help! I’m coming up short!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I saw that

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey there folks, I’ve put together a Farmertec 361 kit, used oem seals bearings rubber bits, hyway titanickel cylinder with meteor piston, hollowed out the muffler. Prelubed with some red armor I had everything was going very smoothly right up until I tried putting the bar and chain on. The saw has a spur sprocket on it I tried fitting an 18” Stihl Rollomatic e bar and 66 dl 3/8 050 chain and the tensioner doesn’t seem to have enough travel to let chain go onto drum I’m stumped adjuster runs out of travel I’ll grab pics once I’m home just thought I’d through this out see if anyone had solved something similar before thank you

Try fitting the chain on the bar and slipping it over the rim/spur, then see if you can get it on the bar studs/adjuster.
Thank you, I think I figured this out, the spur drum on the saw was bigger than the rim drum the oem version had when fit with this size bar and chain it fits with the rim drum.

Thank you to all who helped answer my questions. I’ve completed this Farmertec 361 kit saw and it seems to run well. I didn’t like the cylinder it came with so that got replaced with a hyway titanikel cylinder, meteor piston with caber rings. I used Stihl crank seals and bearings Stihl rubber fuel system and intake parts and it has seemed decent so far. I’ll update as it gets used for firewood and tree jobs to report how it holds up.

Thank you to all who helped answer my questions. I’ve completed this Farmertec 361 kit saw and it seems to run well. I didn’t like the cylinder it came with so that got replaced with a hyway titanikel cylinder, meteor piston with caber rings. I used Stihl crank seals and bearings Stihl rubber fuel system and intake parts and it has seemed decent so far. I’ll update as it gets used for firewood and tree jobs to report how it holds up.
Pictures of the saw after some scotch pine and spruce clean up

Attachments

• 28B6DACC-E508-4F91-97F4-7306385A608B.jpeg
    28B6DACC-E508-4F91-97F4-7306385A608B.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back