Help? k750 anti vib mount: how to get to screw inside spring ?!?!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Still steel fixin

Reaction score
505_42_45-01_orig_med.jpg
G'day

Anti Vibration mount (part no. 505 42 45-01) located between front handle and cylinder.
This part appears to be one piece, (plastic mount + spring with screw inside).
How to detach plastic mount from spring to screw in the screw to the cylinder?

This has rattled me brain? This is the last part on my rebuild, using the best parts from 2 abused unrecognisable 750 + new cylinder/piston kit with filters. I have cleaned every screw / cleaning every mm and enjoyed giving the machine a new life.... but this one part!? I have tried to take apart, but it feels close to breaking off.

"If something seems to hard or doesn't seem right - more than likely there is a better way"

Thank you for your time.

the plastic end is threaded into the spring. they can be a real ***** to get off. usually end up twisting the spring good but they do come off. i find it's easiest to clamp the plastic end in a vise and try punch the end of the spring to get it turning as just trying to grip and turn the spring cause it to just squeeze the plastic piece and not budge at all. why do you need the screw? i'd just get another one and leave that one in there.

Should be a hole in the plastic piece to allow you to fit a driver into to the spring to fasten the screw to the cylinder. You shouldn't need to remove the plastic piece. At least this is how it was on the k760 I rebuilt last week.

What he said.

Yep this is typical of pretty much all husky spring mounts ive seen. Usually a 3mm hex fits the screw inside the spring, at least on the saws ive worked on, never a cutoff saw though.

Back