Help me decide please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was gonna buy a 2159 but the voices in my head said :greenchainsaw: 2165it will handle up to24"b&c. good luck on your quest.

Google Husquvarna Chainsaws. There is a large online Husky/ Jred equipment dealer there. They have 359's, 2159's well below your price range.They also have 2165's in your range. If I were you, I would go with the 2165. You will always want something bigger. The Dolmar you are looking at sounds very nice. I ran one of HD rentals a few years back and it seemed pretty strong. I really didn't run it enough to form a strong opinion. You will really notice the differance in power as you step the cc's. I think the 65cc range is the best all around choice for firewood.

No replacement for displacement. Just my .02.

... I think the 65cc range is the best all around choice for firewood. ...

The "trouble" with that is that you get the weight of the saws 70CC+ cousins, without the added power that those have.....:greenchainsaw:

--but for firewood cutting in the yard, the weight doesn't really matter much, as long as it is within reason.

Last edited:
Finally decided...picked up last years J-red 2159 (black cap, not green) for 454.00 out the door.
I'll get back w/ ya on what I think...Dealer said if I didn't like it he'd take it back.

Finally decided...picked up last years J-red 2159 (black cap, not green) for 454.00 out the door.
I'll get back w/ ya on what I think...Dealer said if I didn't like it he'd take it back.
I am real happy with mine a muffler mod really woke it up but the porting I had done to it was wild!My friend took it to his shop He is a dirt bike fanatic said give me your saw so I did I was hopping to watch him work his magic but he did it one night after work thanked me for getting his big dodge up to snuff and said here is your saw already to go. I think it was a fair trade as it cuts and runs like hell. I think you will like your new saw! They are not bad stock as some here will say and you are already ahead not having a cat on it!

Latest posts

Back