Help me understand how this is done

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

40YearHomelite

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I've been reading threads here practically nonstop for a couple weeks now and I must admit that, until recently, I've hardly given any thought to the arborist's profession. However, I'm now enthralled by the idea. I'm wondering, though, how large overhanging branches are brought down without damaging a structure underneath. I haven't seen any videos or tutorials online that address this issue. I guess I have the same general question regarding cutting down a tree, piecewise, from the top. Could you guys shed some light here?

The branches are tied to a rope run over branches above them and then they are cut off, as soon as they are cut another man on the ground holding the other end of the rope lowers them down. Away from the structures, powerlines etc.

yeah i've stumbled across a few in the past hour. i'll keep looking. it always seems that i (at least partially) manage to answer my own question immediately after i ask it. oh well.

i do greatly appreciate the help, though

I LOVE THIS SITE:bowdown:

Latest posts

Back