Help need with Timberjack 215

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven010

Reaction score
Good day, I have been watching the forum for some time now, but now I need some help and was hoping someone here might have the answer. I recently pick up a timberjack 215 for my personal use to gather my firewood. I was a well used machine but for what I pane on using it for I think it will be fine. Anyways my issue is that on the rear end I have a gear oil leak between the axel and the planetary. The axel has the following stamped on it: 4897-r-2332c 7-20-64 The planetary has the following on it: 22F226 G314x
So my questions are is it a Rockwell rear-end? If it is, is it a PR-50? Last question where would a good place to buy seals to fix this and what kind of price tag should I be looking at, I am located in Canada. Thank you to anyone that could help

Good day, I have been watching the forum for some time now, but now I need some help and was hoping someone here might have the answer. I recently pick up a timberjack 215 for my personal use to gather my firewood. I was a well used machine but for what I pane on using it for I think it will be fine. Anyways my issue is that on the rear end I have a gear oil leak between the axel and the planetary. The axel has the following stamped on it: 4897-r-2332c 7-20-64 The planetary has the following on it: 22F226 G314x
So my questions are is it a Rockwell rear-end? If it is, is it a PR-50? Last question where would a good place to buy seals to fix this and what kind of price tag should I be looking at, I am located in Canada. Thank you to anyone that could help

Most likely iit is an eaton But I could be wrong. Timber jack was originally own by Eaton. I have some info for parts suppliers here in NY but I dont know if that will do you any good. I can pm you the info if you like. This place deal with after market parts for old jacks.

Try Harold's Logging in Maine, they were a lot of help to me with some of my parts. They buy and sell used skidders and then part them out. I am sure they would be able to tell you from the numbers which your rear end is and have the seals. they were real helpful with me just recently
207 942 8331

Theres this place too CJ logging 315-942-3662

this is not intended as a plug for CJ .. just tryin to help this guy out.

Latest posts

Back