Help on 028 WB High Idle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logjam

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Gang,
When I first start my 028, and bleep the throttle for normal idle. It idles way high. However, once it warms up from cutting, it idles down to normal. The saw runs and sounds great
Could this be the low speed is too rich?
thoughts?

Logjam said:
Gang,
When I first start my 028, and bleep the throttle for normal idle. It idles way high. However, once it warms up from cutting, it idles down to normal. The saw runs and sounds great
Could this be the low speed is too rich?
thoughts?

With mine it seems the lower the temperature the more it will cause this.

It sounds like your L is too lean... but it could be a myriad of other possibilities.. Try tuning you L slightly richer and see if that helps. You might need to adjust you LA also.

Lakeside53 said:
It sounds like your L is too lean... but it could be a myriad of other possibilities.. Try tuning you L slightly richer and see if that helps. You might need to adjust you LA also.

I tryed richining the L, but saw begain to idle eratically. Plus it smoked heavily when trying to rev it up.
The weird part is that the saw idles nicely after it's warm.
I don't get it?
It is an older saw and has been used alot.
Maybe I should check compression and see what it is.
any other thoughts?

I'd just run it like it was.

It sounds to me like your saw has a small air leak when it's cold, and as the saw warms up it expands enough to take up the slack. It's a pretty common phenomonon in older saws. Probably means your crank seals/bearings are wearing out.

But, it could be a lot of other stuff too

Back