Clogged idle transition ports

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pioneer

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Had a Zama C1Q give me grief the other day with clogged idle transition ports. You could set it rich at idle and rich at high speed and it would still bog when you opened the throttle.
Disassembled the carb and soaked it in laquer thinner for a few days then blew out the idle circuit with compressed air. Back on the saw and no more problems.
It doesn't take much to clog those tiny holes, even though the carb looked clean inside, either something managed to make it's way in past the filters, or just over time it gummed up enough to cause issues even though the rest of the carb circuits were functioning properly.

Had a Zama C1Q give me grief the other day with clogged idle transition ports. You could set it rich at idle and rich at high speed and it would still bog when you opened the throttle.
Disassembled the carb and soaked it in laquer thinner for a few days then blew out the idle circuit with compressed air. Back on the saw and no more problems.
It doesn't take much to clog those tiny holes, even though the carb looked clean inside, either something managed to make it's way in past the filters, or just over time it gummed up enough to cause issues even though the rest of the carb circuits were functioning properly.
Yeah, and if you can get those welch plugs out you are better at it than me.

Metal tag wires are good at cleaning these without having to remove the welch plug.

Latest posts

Back