help with 034

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmason

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello. This is my first post. I just got a 034 from a pawn shop had a few things wrong but nothing major. Piston looks good and carb cleaned up nice. Would modding it bring the life of the saw down? It's replacing my 032 that I'm yet to get fixed. Any help would be appreatied

No it won't shorten life. It's kinds like blueprinting a car engine. Everything works better. I think they last a little longer myself. Esp since newer saws are prone to have CAT heat producing life span shortning mufflers.
Shep

The lifespan depends more on maint. than how much power it's produceing. With that sad It also depends on how far you have it Modded. Most of the builds I do will last just as long as stock with keeping the maint up.

FWIW that 034 should be able to keep right up with a stock 440 if done right.:msp_thumbsup:

If your 034 is older like mine, I don't think you will gain much if anything with a MM. Those older versions(mine is a 1990 vintage), the muffler is pretty wide open. Although if gains can be gleaned you'll hear it here first.I've been wrong before:msp_smile:

Gas tank leaks. Getting ready to order the part off ebay. I believe its the whole crank case or case I have to order

Latest posts

Back