Help !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawk77

Reaction score
I have a Poulan saw Model # 1950 and the starter rope pulled all the way out on me and stuck. I then took off the cover and out popped that steel coil spring from the starter rope spool. Can anyone please tell me the best way possible for me to wrap that coil back up and get it in my saw so that i can get it running again as I am right in the middle of a project. I have only like 5 hours of use on the saw. Thanks. Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.:greenchainsaw: :

Last edited:
Let me guess, your hands are aching from trying to get it wound back up right?

They are a real pain once they get loose. Best way I've found, and this may not be true for the design of your saw, is to fit the bent end of the outside of the coil on to where is should go on the casing and attach the other end onto where it goes on the pulley and use the pulley to coil it back up again holding it between the pulley and the casing. I'd wear gloves and goggles for this. Once you've managed to coil it small enough you should be able to force it back into the casing and press the pulley home. You'll need to keep tight hold of everything whilst doing this and three hands would help.

Sorry if the above isn't clear, but it's a difficult thing to explain other than visually.

Dan

Back