Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipper

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have been out of tree work for nearly two years no and am scared to death to get back up there. A good company has hired me and I keep having these bad dreams of screwing up. Any suggestions?:confused:

Don't screw up!!!

Seriously, relax, no need to get all wound up over it. Tree work is like riding a bike, you never forget how:cheers:

Watch what you do for a while. It will come back to you soon. Don't let your fear screw it up for you. You've been there, done that, AND got the T-shirt. This is no different, just for a better company.

Mark

like OTG said, like riding a bike. low and slow. it'll come back to you.
-Ralph
thread moved to arb 101

Like the others said, it will come back and faster than you think. Your biggest hurdle will probably be getting back into climbing and production shape. Even if you workout, jog, lift weights, etc., nothing is the same as tree work, at least that's what I found.

Last edited:
I too lost my nerve once, I started out climbing and climbed for 7 or 8 years then got put on a bucket truck for a few years and then when it came time too put the hooks back on I felt as if I was a rookie all over again but as stated by other guys, you will pick back up on it, just remember safety first.

as Streyken stated, "Your biggest hurdle will probably be getting back into climbing and production shape" that was my bigest problem.

Latest posts

Back