Hemlocks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gate Keeper

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Not mite or scale. Bleaching to brown. bleaching starts from needle base to tip then brown. Speratic throughout shrub. Existing shrub form many years, sheared hedge, dog not tall enough. Treated for mites with miticide and suffocant early and late summer, mid to late summer, just started showing up last three weeks.View attachment 57234

View attachment 57235

View attachment 57236

Looks like drought stress- heat injury, possiable exhaust injury from shearing. I can't see the damaged area in the pic very well.

there my clients pi cs, not bad for a home owner. Just really odd and just no rhyme or reason. Random, could be heat stress, I always forget about the simple ones. Always looking for the hard answers.

If your in the New England area most likly you will be getting alot more calls about stressed hemlocks this year.This summer sucked for the poor old bastards.

summer was bad for everyone, Oaks, Maples, I even saw Honey suckle wilted. I just don't have an idea about the hemi's, there clean so heat stress is it. There are mature trees that are toast on the side of the road. One crazy drought. To wet to nothing.

Latest posts

Back