herbicide vandalism - what chemical was used?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Linma, call your arborist back out to follow that root and prune it to your side of the fence.

+1 on setting up a game camera in near the fence and catching him in the act.

Linma, call your arborist back out to follow that root and prune it to your side of the fence.

+1 on setting up a game camera in near the fence and catching him in the act.
unfortunately, if I prune all the roots on his side of the property, the tree will probably lose stability, and will have to be taken out at that point. it's a big, fat root about 4in in diameter, and we believe one of the main structural anchor root for the tree. Under CA law, unauthorized root pruning encroaching on property is only allowed if it is causing imminent structural damage, but even then not to damage the health of the tree... and there is no damage to neighbor's structure (closest neighbor's structure is 30 ft away, 15ft higher in elevation). so... I attach the photo of the root for those interested, with holes in it that the neighbor claimed to the police it's a damage from a pick axe hitting it.. the pipe you see is a 1in water main pipe to another neighbor's property taht has been sitting exposed to the elements for over year now... the pipe is about 1-1.5ft above the excavated root (hard to judge vertical distance). Neighbor tried to hide the root by putting lots of junk shrubbery and planks around it, but I got a lucky photo shot from right over the fence looking straight down.

we tried to find a place to put a game camera, and there is no real good place for it. Police have advised against putting a camera that looks only into the neighbor's yard. I wonder if that applies if the fence line is 1ft into our property, so effectively 1ft beyond the fence is actually our property (where they dug the roots out). so we're stuck with not seeing exactly what the guy is doing behind the fence.

Attachments

• IMG_4461 holes in root.jpg
    IMG_4461 holes in root.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 33
If the fence is yours/on your property line there is no reason you cant mount a wireless wide angle camera right on top of the fence looking down the property line. Its a perfectly legitimate way to catch potential intruders jumping the fence.

I'd call the epa and say you think hes dumping poisons.i made a fuel oil company jump through hoops with that once

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back