Here is a very nice looking 090

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04ultra

"Out of Control"
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

Hoss you have a real nice saw there..

THALL could have cleaned the table for you..

Last edited:
Also

That 090 runs sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, real sweet. Hoss made my day when he brought that big saw by for me to look at. Thanks Hoss.......

Also

A clean operating table makes little money,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,lolololol

manual said:
oh yea what cc is it and how heavy is it compared to the 090

Don't really know Manual. The saw belonged to a guy thats no longer with us. His brother gave it to me and I promised him it would stay on that shelf for everyone to see. I have no clue how many CC's it is but yes its a heavy ole thing......

THALL10326 said:
Don't really know Manual. The saw belonged to a guy thats no longer with us. His brother gave it to me and I promised him it would stay on that shelf for everyone to see. I have no clue how many CC's it is but yes its a heavy ole thing......

Whats that Thall? 11ozs more than a 441:deadhorse: :deadhorse:
Andy

Thanks for posting the pics of my saw Ultra, and I'm glad you enjoyed seeing it Thall. I feel the same way every time I look at it. Ultra I do have some action pics of it but they were taken with a regular 35mm camera. It was a 41" white oak with a 10" hollow space in the middle from a lightning strike. I do have a digital camera now and will get some good shots of this big 38" red oak I will be dropping in a couple of weeks.(my budy is going to have it made into flooring for his new log home) That old david bradley in Thall's shop is a 77cc power products AH47 motor and IS heavy as HE$$. Later models had the AH58 95cc power plant wich was rated at 7hp. Thanks again for the complements on the saw, it is the saw I have enjoyed building the most of all my saws.:laugh:

hoss said:
Thanks for posting the pics of my saw Ultra, and I'm glad you enjoyed seeing it Thall. I feel the same way every time I look at it. Ultra I do have some action pics of it but they were taken with a regular 35mm camera. It was a 41" white oak with a 10" hollow space in the middle from a lightning strike. I do have a digital camera now and will get some good shots of this big 38" red oak I will be dropping in a couple of weeks.(my budy is going to have it made into flooring for his new log home) That old david bradley in Thall's shop is a 77cc power products AH47 motor and IS heavy as HE$$. Later models had the AH58 95cc power plant wich was rated at 7hp. Thanks again for the complements on the saw, it is the saw I have enjoyed building the most of all my saws.:laugh:

Cant wait to see them...

Nice picture. I wish the new saws had the logo of the old saws on the cover. I like the way it looks.

sawinredneck said:
Whats that Thall? 11ozs more than a 441:deadhorse: :deadhorse:
Andy

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh no, more like 11-20lbs heavier, that red saw under the table there probly weights around 30-35 lbs. I only use it when climbing and sawing one handed,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Does the red saw have any safety features? Or do you just have to wear a suit of armor in case of kickback :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon :hmm3grin2orange:

talon1189 said:
Does the red saw have any safety features? Or do you just have to wear a suit of armor in case of kickback :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon :hmm3grin2orange:

That saw has plenty of safety features. The main one if you have enough muscle to pick it up then you have enough muscle to handle any kickback. In fact the chain speed on the saw is slow, real slow but the flip side is you could probly stand on the engine and not bogged it down. That saw is retired to right where it is, it will never see wood again, hows that for safety,lol

THALL10326 said:
That saw has plenty of safety features. The main one if you have enough muscle to pick it up then you have enough muscle to handle any kickback. In fact the chain speed on the saw is slow, real slow but the flip side is you could probly stand on the engine and not bogged it down. That saw is retired to right where it is, it will never see wood again, hows that for safety,lol
There is a rumor going around that the poor deceased guy that owned it had forearms like popeye and the saw was so slow that he put it on his shelf in lie of a hacksaw cuz it was faster :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: Kinda explains why the saw is in such good shape. I don't know how true these rumors are thou :ices_rofl: >>>>>>>>>>>>.>>>>>>Talon

Last edited:
090 still going strong

heres a link to a pic of my old man back in the 70's felling Sequoiadendron giganteum with an 090av that I'm still using everyday for ringing english oak & sycamore over here in scotland still got an old 070av as well which is in need of new rubber mounts.

http://www.logsnstuff.com/images/Scan0010.jpg

sickner is fuel costing 90p ltr or $1.71 ltr

Latest posts

Back