Hi from Pennsylvania! Not new to milling but, I started at rock bottom. Husqvarna Rancher 460 w/20" bar and the smallest mill Granberg makes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PennWilds

Reaction score
Looking to get much more serious and would like some guidance on my next setup. Currently looking a the Husqvarna 592 XP w/ 36" bar. Primarily mill hardwoods...and nothing too crazy on width. Which Granberg Mill setup do you recommend with this? Also, should I be looking at a longer bar than 36?
Thanks for your time and consideration.

This is one of the few times I'd favor a regular carb saw over an auto tune. I'd be looking at the 395xp, ms661 or larger. Parts are cheap,and easy to get / work on.
36" bar with a clamp on set up you'll get ~30" worth of cut in the mill. I can just get a bit over 31" on my 394xp with a 36". Ended up buying a 40" bar.
Other will chime in, I don't use my mill much anymore.

This is one of the few times I'd favor a regular carb saw over an auto tune. I'd be looking at the 395xp, ms661 or larger. Parts are cheap,and easy to get / work on.
36" bar with a clamp on set up you'll get ~30" worth of cut in the mill. I can just get a bit over 31" on my 394xp with a 36". Ended up buying a 40" bar.
Other will chime in, I don't use my mill much anymore.
Then sell me your stuffs.

Looking to get much more serious and would like some guidance on my next setup. Currently looking a the Husqvarna 592 XP w/ 36" bar. Primarily mill hardwoods...and nothing too crazy on width. Which Granberg Mill setup do you recommend with this? Also, should I be looking at a longer bar than 36?
Thanks for your time and consideration.
Get a 42" bar to run on your 36" mill. It should pull full comp chain with a muffler mod. Carbs you tune are better on the mill imho.

I use it on occasion, basically if I'm in a hurry or it's too big to fit in my cousins mill. Though honesty, I just make a call to my logging buddy and I can get whatever i want milled at very reasonable costs.
I have 32" band now so only looking for the biggest gear and bars. Have not filled my gap between the 60 and 42s. Five CSMs should be enough 🧐. The big oak logs will all go on the bandmill once they get broken down a bit. The big stuff over 32" is still going to be chain milled into table tops. Considering building a quarter saw bar rig for taking out pie cuts to put right on the band.

Latest posts

Back