Hillbilly in wrong place

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodney Sinclair

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Last Friday I had to take a trailer and go up to North Little Rock and pick up a 1220. It was about a 6 hour run round trip. But it was some hot and the traffic was bad. 18 wheelers at 70 - 80 miles an hour in downtown on 6 lanes running closer than they parallel park down here. I must have drove for at least 20 miles without ever leaving the scene of the accident. Got a cussin' or two and gave a couple. It reminds me why I left New Orleans 30 years ago and why they couldn't keep me in Dallas or Houston later on. Makes me love my "big town" of 345. No human IMO, should have to live like that.

Rodney

you know, individually i am sure people are ok. but when you put them in masses the stupidity level rises. and then you put them behind the wheel on a major throughway and all hell breaks loose.

man i drive 93 south towards beantown in the morning and if i dont leave at , almost too early for my liking, the right time forget about it.

how about watching them knuckleheads weaving in and out of lanes speeding all around and you end up passing them a couple minutes down the road anyway.

traffic is gross.

oldirty

Well, Rodney. :hmm3grin2orange: You sure wouldn't do well in my shoes. I commute from downtown NYC to New Jersey everyday. It's a reverse commute, meaning I am not in the thick of it. But it might seem funny to hear me say, I hate traffic too. :angry2: Some times I try to image what it would be like to come home and pull in the driveway and unload groceries without looking for a parking place and hauling bags for half a block and doing a few flights of stairs to boot. But I'm not trapped here, it has it's advantages. Like the round the clock party go on here. It's mind boggling. But if I wasn't a part of it I would resent people who created this type of world. I've driven through Texarcana, looked like a nice place. I was surprised to see woods similar to woods we have around here. :cheers:

My next mill may be a 1220. I just recently “saw” one in action. It is a very well made mill. Congratulations on buying the mill. It was well worth the drive.

Adrpk, I remember some of those big city parties from college. They sure can be fun, but I will take a lot party down by the river over the city party/club any day. There are no problems with parking, no lines for the bathroom, no dress codes, and no $5 beers. A big fire with home made wine & clear – life doesn’t get any better.

Rodney, did you get the trailer or toe board options? I would also be interested in knowing your thoughts on the Timberking blades. They seem a little pricey.

Best of luck with the new mill.

I feel your pain. I moved from the Little Rock area in Nov. of last year to SE Kansas. I drove in that rush hour traffic for over 20 years. Now, a traffic jam is a farmer slowing you down with his tractor.

Congrats on the new mill.

did you get the trailer or toe board options? I would also be interested in knowing your thoughts on the Timberking blades. They seem a little pricey.

No trailer or toe boards. Settin' it up not to be moved. In case I have to move it, I'll use a 16' lowboy. As far as toeboards, I use a rail and chainfall and just wedge the log. The Timber King manual said to put the mill on 2"X6"X4' boards. I didn't like that so went with 10"X10"X6' cants to make it higher and much more stable. Also did away with those ramps and set up a log bed. I can't say anything on the TimberKing blades because I have not used enough to tell yet. But I do agree, they do seem a little pricey.
Over all, it seems to be what I thought it would be. Still gonna keep the Logosol M7 though.
Rodney

But I'm not trapped here, it has it's advantages. Like the round the clock party go on here. It's mind boggling.

Yes it is mind boggling. Remember it well. Guitars & booze, fast women and slow horses. Yep, and now I've spent the last 20 years in AA. Worked out very well for me though. It was rough but I really don't think I'd change a thing although I couldn't always say that.

Rodney

My next mill may be a 1220.

Adrpk, I remember some of those big city parties from college. They sure can be fun, but I will take a lot party down by the river over the city party/club any day. There are no problems with parking, no lines for the bathroom, no dress codes, and no $5 beers. A big fire with home made wine & clear – life doesn’t get any better.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Hold the phone there MJ. When I said party I meant the party in the street. I mean the buzz in the air. I mean going out to get milk. :biggrinbounce2: A party to me is a, "dinner party", with friends. I don't (can't) drink anymore. Maybe an online beer with you guys every once and a while. :cheers: I live in a very active part of the city but luckily live an a very quite street. I have seen the most amazing things just going out to get milk for coffee in the morning. For these treasures, I say it's worth it. But hey me and mine got a place in paradise, upstate. And that is where we really enjoy life.

Yes it is mind boggling. Remember it well. Guitars & booze, fast women and slow horses. Yep, and now I've spent the last 20 years in AA. Worked out very well for me though. It was rough but I really don't think I'd change a thing although I couldn't always say that.

Rodney

:hmm3grin2orange: Sooo, a 1200 is a mill? I wondered why you posted in this forum. Like to see some pics.

Good luck with AA. I was sober for 7 yrs. Then I started traveling in Europe, where it is customary to have wine with dinner. Well, you know how that story goes. 5 yrs. later I was diagnosed with Hep c. That pulled the plug again for me. I have been good now for 4 yrs. and on liver cleansing naturalpathic drugs. And must brag of my new hobby which is tree climbing. So you know I'm OK.

Last Friday I had to take a trailer and go up to North Little Rock and pick up a 1220. It was about a 6 hour run round trip. But it was some hot and the traffic was bad. 18 wheelers at 70 - 80 miles an hour in downtown on 6 lanes running closer than they parallel park down here. I must have drove for at least 20 miles without ever leaving the scene of the accident. Got a cussin' or two and gave a couple. It reminds me why I left New Orleans 30 years ago and why they couldn't keep me in Dallas or Houston later on. Makes me love my "big town" of 345. No human IMO, should have to live like that.

Rodney

I was going to buy the 1220 in 04, but the salesman told me it would take 8 weeks or two months to get it in. He was kind of a city smart butt so I called Baker and drove to Ellington, MO. In a rusted out 84 half ton get a Baker Enyart 18 M on a trailer. I like the 1220 mill setup, but I wanted a mill at the time quicker than 2 months.
Running a band is a whole lot different than the old blade mills I ran for 30 years. Not as fast, but more enjoyable and a lot less expensive.
Keep posted on how it works.

Latest posts

Back