Holzfforma g366 vs. Stihl ms310 Not fair? Maybe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weimedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Basically a "end of service life" ms310 vs. a new Holzfforma g366 Blue saw..... Not totally fair. BUT representative of where folks might start with the Aftermarket world. EITHER looking to extend the life of an OEM saw OR looking for a low cost alternative. So this is really relevant for a variety of reasons. I started the Aftermarket Journey with the "extend the life of an OEM" saw approach. And there are many reasons that makes sense. The "Clone" saws are a more recent option. Love them or hate them..chips will fly with those obsolete by OEM's designs. Some real classics are now "cloned" like the Husqvarna 372''s and Stihl MS660s as we all know. So this is two saws in the similar price and size range ... both projects. And the goal it get both to perform at the same level over time. One starting from OEM and moving to AM and the other AM.....

Basically a "end of service life" ms310 vs. a new Holzfforma g366 Blue saw..... Not totally fair. BUT representative of where folks might start with the Aftermarket world. EITHER looking to extend the life of an OEM saw OR looking for a low cost alternative. So this is really relevant for a variety of reasons. I started the Aftermarket Journey with the "extend the life of an OEM" saw approach. And there are many reasons that makes sense. The "Clone" saws are a more recent option. Love them or hate them..chips will fly with those obsolete by OEM's designs. Some real classics are now "cloned" like the Husqvarna 372''s and Stihl MS660s as we all know. So this is two saws in the similar price and size range ... both projects. And the goal it get both to perform at the same level over time. One starting from OEM and moving to AM and the other AM.....

I would go the fix the OEM Stihl route after buying a 440 kit. You start with a good foundation and build from there and end up with a saw that will have greater durability, quality, performance and resale value. I think you know that though.

Back