Homelight 5-20

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Darin, Like the model number says 5-20 means 5 horsepower, 20 pounds. 5.01 cubic inches, two gear transmission. Produced 1954-1956, replacing the model 17 in the Homelite all-star line-up. Your saw probally uses 1/2" pitch or even 9/16" pitch chain. These saws had so much torque, that one second you would be cutting and the next you could find your self laying on your back with a saw on top of you. Sounds like fun!! Now that is gear drive!! Jonathan

I have an old homelight a 5-20 and dont know anything about it. Anyone with some info on it. A customer never picked it up 5 years ago.
That was my very first saw. :D
Hi Darin, Like the model number says 5-20 means 5 horsepower, 20 pounds. 5.01 cubic inches, two gear transmission. Produced 1954-1956, replacing the model 17 in the Homelite all-star line-up. Your saw probally uses 1/2" pitch or even 9/16" pitch chain. These saws had so much torque, that one second you would be cutting and the next you could find your self laying on your back with a saw on top of you. Sounds like fun!! Now that is gear drive!! Jonathan
This couldn't be any more true, those old girls did have torque, mine still hanging in shop, should try and make it run. :rolleyes:

Was bored nothing to do waiting for supper, did a search for the 5-20 and that's what I found, kinda fun, for us old folks.

Latest posts

Back