Homelite 150 Choke Linkage Reinstall, help?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chainsaw Collectors

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Good afternoon all. This morning I went and took the engine of one of my Homelite 150s out of its case to replace the fuel line. I am having trouble reinstalling the choke linkage. The videos I watched couldn’t get a good angle to see this part. If someone could guide me through this and tell me how far the linkage is supposed to go in the hole I’d really appreciate it.
IMG_5709.jpeg

Almost done installing the carb. It’s not tight though. The 2 mounting bolts or what I think is supposed to mount the carb are too small, they just shove right in. What am I missing? I have another 150 to compare. It seems to have bigger bolts, but I’m still confused.

Attachments

• IMG_5723.jpeg
    IMG_5723.jpeg
    600.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5722.jpeg
    IMG_5722.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Had to take a carb off of a saw that already ran, but was in poorer cosmetic condition. It also donated some other parts to this saw and the blue one. New starter rope. Here’s a picture showing just how great of condition this unit is in. Equipped with an original safe tip. I’ll buy a NOS heat shield. Runs/oils perfect. Appears to be low use even when looking at piston.

Attachments

• IMG_5735.jpeg
    IMG_5735.jpeg
    553.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back