Repairing Walbro WA-59. Unknown potentially missing part

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odd I don't remember seeing one there, nor seeing any part in the other parts lists/diagrams. I notice the file says '1994 series', perhaps it's a newer version to mine? I'm sure I read somewhere the trimmer was much older, maybe 70/80's.
This should handle 1994 and older carbs. Take a look at the "middle" #21 in the IPL. I think that is what you lost in your parts washer. The main nozzle...

This should handle 1994 and older carbs. Take a look at the "middle" #21 in the IPL. I think that is what you lost in your parts washer. The main nozzle...
Thanks Steve. Any ideas what the main nozzle looks like? Googling shows a brass piece, which certainly wasn't there when I took it apart. The picture in the OP shows more of a flat grey piece. Unless someone's had a go at repairing before I got my hands on it & it's gone missing 🤷‍♂️. The parts diagram says it's not included in the repair kits, but looks like you can buy some nozzles online, just need to find the correct part number.

I'm thinking at this stage I just throw in the towel for now and buy a cheap replacement. Hopefully I get one that's the same design, and hang onto the original in case I come across another.
Thanks again to everyone for all the assistance and information. Much appreciated :)

Thanks Steve. Any ideas what the main nozzle looks like? Googling shows a brass piece, which certainly wasn't there when I took it apart. The picture in the OP shows more of a flat grey piece. Unless someone's had a go at repairing before I got my hands on it & it's gone missing 🤷‍♂️. The parts diagram says it's not included in the repair kits, but looks like you can buy some nozzles online, just need to find the correct part number.
It looks like Walbro made several different versions of this carb over the years with different main nozzle and check valve designs that are not interchangeable.

I'm thinking at this stage I just throw in the towel for now and buy a cheap replacement. Hopefully I get one that's the same design, and hang onto the original in case I come across another.
Be careful with any substitute as this carb is designed to operate correctly at part throttle since this goes on a blower. Most 2-stroke carbs for saws are only designed to work at idle and wide open and may run lean at part throttle. I would call or write Walbro Aftermarket Division and ask them about a possible main nozzle for your carb or a recommended replacement carb.

Here is another place that you might try:
https://vepetersen.com/

Be careful with any substitute as this carb is designed to operate correctly at part throttle since this goes on a blower. Most 2-stroke carbs for saws are only designed to work at idle and wide open and may run lean at part throttle. I would call or write Walbro Aftermarket Division and ask them about a possible main nozzle for your carb or a recommended replacement carb.

Here is another place that you might try:

Thanks Steve, Ill check out the link today, see what they have. I sent Walbro (Japan) an email a couple of weeks ago but they never responded. I might have to send them another email, maybe to a different location, see if they can provide any additional information.

Thanks Chev. I saw that one on Jackssmallengines. Not sure why it says WA-141, mine has WA-59 on it. Other spares I've come across for this trimmer (SRM-200DA) also mention WA-59.

[update] Someone on another forum, who has the same carburetor & trimmer posted a picture of it and it does have a welch plug. I'm unsure if there's anything under it though. Now I'll try chase down a 5/32 plug if I can (only found one for $8 which is a bit steep). It was suggested I make one and secure it with loctite, what are your thoughts? Haven't been able to find any videos on diy welch plugs, I'll keep looking. In the meantime, does anyone have any source of information for successfully making one? Maybe file down one of the plugs int he repair kit until it's a snug fit?

20240105_203036.jpg

Thanks Steve, Ill check out the link today, see what they have. I sent Walbro (Japan) an email a couple of weeks ago but they never responded. I might have to send them another email, maybe to a different location, see if they can provide any additional information.
Not surprised. You need to contact Walbro Aftermarket in Cass City, MI.

Have you tried contacting Echo? They could tell you what the WA-59 might have been superseded to over the years.

Thanks Chev. I saw that one on Jackssmallengines. Not sure why it says WA-141, mine has WA-59 on it. Other spares I've come across for this trimmer (SRM-200DA) also mention WA-59.
The WA-141 might be a superseded part number (or might be an error). It is not at all uncommon for small engines to have multiple carb models over a long production model run. Some Stihl saws like the 024/026/260 must have had about half a dozen carb models over the 30+ year model run.

Latest posts

Back