Homelite 360 pro, spark mystery

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twobobs

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've been reading the posts and really enjoy them. My saw is a 360 homelite that does not have spark. I disconnected the shut off switch and took off the transformer and hooked up wire leads so that contact is being made just as if the everything was installed. Then I checked the transformer with an ohm meter and got a reading of .04 ( on the 200 scale) between each tab. Then I got a reading of 2.6 (on the 20K scale) between the spark plug contact and each tab. I think these readings mean the transformer is O.K. I then hooked up the volt meter to the ignition module and got a reading of one volt when I pulled the srarting rope. Is one volt enough output for the ignition module ? Does it sound like the transformer is OK? Thanks for your help.

Hello everyone! I've been reading the posts and really enjoy them. My saw is a 360 homelite that does not have spark. I disconnected the shut off switch and took off the transformer and hooked up wire leads so that contact is being made just as if the everything was installed. Then I checked the transformer with an ohm meter and got a reading of .04 ( on the 200 scale) between each tab. Then I got a reading of 2.6 (on the 20K scale) between the spark plug contact and each tab. I think these readings mean the transformer is O.K. I then hooked up the volt meter to the ignition module and got a reading of one volt when I pulled the srarting rope. Is one volt enough output for the ignition module ? Does it sound like the transformer is OK? Thanks for your help.

Continue the jumpering to a spark plug and see if there is spark..
use the search function.a very good thread on that subject..
good luck.

Latest posts

Back