Homelite .404 bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin,

If Dean does not take the bar let me know.

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited:
That appears to be a D196 mount which fits a large amount of saws such as the SXL, 925 and the 750.

Bill

p38lightning said:
Bill are wanting to sell that bar?

No, I need to hang on to it but the one on ebay is still available as it looks like it did not sell.

As for Justin's bar it is good deal but I am looking for the older paint scheme bars.

Bill

Yeah that is what I was after, I normally sell all my saws after rebuilding them but I have a couple dear to me and that was the bar that went on it, it was my granfathers C-5 and I was gonna put it on it, the one on it is just scrap metal at this point. Thanks for the reply though!

Bill G said:
That appears to be a D196 mount which fits a large amount of saws such as the SXL, 925 and the 750.

Bill

Sorry to unearth a buried thread, but does the D196 mount also work on the C series, the C5 in particular?

Thanks.

I have three C52 two super XL‘s 12 and two XL 12s all my bars are interchangeable. I found it easier to get replacement bars for the XL 12s as long as you stay with .050 gauge chains my 28” is .050 and I haven’t had any problems with it my 3’ bar is .063 I prefer 3/8 full chisel. I think it pulls less than the 404, and I stay with the Skip chain on the bigger bars I have no trouble with this setup this is my experience I do believe some of the earlier XL 12s where little different mount but I’m not sure exactly how early that was.

Latest posts

Back