Homelite .404 bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, The sprocket nose bars for the C-series saws are very hard to come by, it seems to be easier to find roller nose bars for the C-series. Good Luck, Jonathan

GB has them, I just got one in the other day for a customers 1020 Homey which is the same mount. this one was 30" . They may not have what you want exactly, but they have about the only sprocket nose bars for that mount that I know of.

Thats a bit big for me but I will say that is a good deal. If you have any 20 to 30 inch laying around, I would be interested. They don't have to be sprocket nose or anything, just a decent bar.

Go to ebay and search harvester bar in the completed auction section.

I bought one and am going to modify it to fit my C51.

Yeah thats what I been thinking of doing, I just thought there might be some around. Boy those suckers are expensive aren't they.

I have a 25" rollor nose that came off of a C-9. The ends in front of the wheel are a little rough but they are repaiable. They will work if closed up. The rest of the bar looks great with just a little surface rust. The one side was hit with a DA sanderwhen it first came ina and had been hanging since. I want $70 and it includes shipping to the lower 48. the picture is of the good side. The other has never been cleaned up.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/klickitat/bar_1338.jpg

billkath said:
Go to ebay and search harvester bar in the completed auction section.

I bought one and am going to modify it to fit my C51.

Well that is going to be one heavy a'''' bar and how is that .080 or .122 gauge slot going to accept .063 gauge chain. On second thought you could run the harvester chain on the saw, well then again mayhe not :dizzy:

Bill

I don't know where you got your sizes or info but the bar in question can be found on the www.windsorforestry.com site as bar 9016-75-404.

It is 404 chain and 063 gauge same as my saw. I hope to have no problems fitting it on.

Bill

billkath said:
I don't know where you got your sizes or info but the bar in question can be found on the www.windsorforestry.com site as bar 9016-75-404.

It is 404 chain and 063 gauge same as my saw. I hope to have no problems fitting it on.

Bill

I would be very intersted in seeing what the mount looks like. For the most part I believe the harvester bars run a 14mm-15mm slot and the c series runs 9.5mm. Yes that can be overcome with some bushings but I believe the tail width may be a bit large also. I have had some Oregon 16H harvester bars and I can tell you they are heavy. Yes the part number you provided is .063 but if you take a look athe cross-reference chart you will see they they move up to .080. Oregon 16H are .063 and 18H is .080. Some harvester bars are 3/4 pitch and the slasher/delimber bars use .122. I wish you all the luck and would appreciate a picture of the conversion. I have enough Oregon F014 mount bars here that I have not pursued other mounts but who knows what the future brings.

Bill

Am I correct that the C-series saw bars have a fatter tail than the other Homelite mounts? This may not help you but I have a 30 inch hardnose . 063 gauge of the "standard " Homelite flavor-Never on a saw factory paint and Homelite logo. $40 and I'll pay shipping within the contiguous states.

I was not aware of the weight difference. I can take my milling machine and make it fit but again I wasn't thinking of the pitch. I think both of you are right. I know I could make it work but is it worth the hassel and would you be able to find the correct pitch parts? That would be the problem. Good point Bill!

The original Homelite mount bars are a bit wider in the heel area.I have a brand new[old] 28" hardnose that I can take a picture of,if that would help.
This subject has came up before.My cure is to retrofit a large Stihl mount bar.You have to make some bushings to compensate for the bar slot/bar stud difference and mill out the oil hole and adjustment hole.
I use a Bridgeport mill to do this work but a die grinder/Dremel would work,just take longer.
If you go to Mike Acres site you can get an example of the mount pattern in the bar section of that site.

Back