Homelite 650/750 help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoss

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was wondering what the differences between the homelite 650 super and the standard 650. So far I have been told that the super had an extra AV buffer. Also does anyone have a clutch cover for a 650/750 that they would be willing to sell or trade. I don't care about the decal or the tensioner as long as it is not broken.

Also it seems like this thread would be a good place to use as a clearing house for parts/info/pics/anecdotes about the 650/750 chainsaws. I know I will be watching this thread like a hawk. Have at it guys.

Last edited:
how about the whole saw? I bought It as is non running I know it needs a Intake boot It sorta run before tore in to it

My CAD senses are tingling! Hoss, on eBay there is a 650/750 cover that appears to be nearly NOS. The auction number is 360213932765. It's located in the "Include Store Inventory" section. Synness, if Hoss passes on the complete 750, please keep me in mind. I found a really nice 750 recently and have fallen in love with these beasts. In other words, I'm looking for a great winter project. Since I got my first 550 from MadSaw, I've been hooked! Best, and take care. Max.:cheers:

My CAD senses are tingling! Hoss, on eBay there is a 650/750 cover that appears to be nearly NOS. The auction number is 360213932765. It's located in the "Include Store Inventory" section. Synness, if Hoss passes on the complete 750, please keep me in mind. I found a really nice 750 recently and have fallen in love with these beasts. In other words, I'm looking for a great winter project. Since I got my first 550 from MadSaw, I've been hooked! Best, and take care. Max.:cheers:

Is that a clutch cover or the starter cover? Thanks

Don't you fret none. There will be no passing up a 750 or 650 on my part. The only way would be if ol Synness4 changes his mind. So far so good.

I figured as much and don't blame you one bit! We have the same tastes and I really loved some of the saws you had on eBay recently. Taxes, Christmas, and the usual precluded me from getting the really nice looking 750with electrical challenges from you. I also loved your McCulloch 125 as well. I want/need one of these as well. I live in Richmond and I/we don't see too many big cc saws here. I have not put my "new to me 750" in wood yet, but plan on doing so this week when I have a moment. Lastly, I have an office in Arlington and we should meet up some time. Best, Max.:cheers:

it is a 650 and I need to get back to hoss, still trying to come up with the price and what I need to rate the condition as.

it is a 650 and I need to get back to hoss, still trying to come up with the price and what I need to rate the condition as.

Just curious. One of these days I am going to have a 750 ready to trade for a Super 650 Homie or MAC 125 only.

You just gotta love these big saws! I'll try to get some pictures up this week of my find. Anyone else have a potential 650/750 project saw they're ready to part with? Any muffler surrounds, bottom handles, spikes, or air filter cover housings? Parts in general? It'd be nice to start a/another thread on the 650/750's to see just what's out there and to assist others working on their projects. Thoughts? Best, and have a safe day. Max.:cheers:

Here's a bit of info that I've dug up about 650s. First, prior to the Super 650, there were 2 variants of "plain" 650s. If ya look, there's at least two versions of the IPLs. First version did not have a manual oiler, and it had an adjustment knob for the auto oiler that was located on top of the tank assembly. The second version did away with the adjustment and added the thumb oiler. Both of these versions only had 4 anti-vibe buffers. Rod bearings at the crank were also different. The original had loose rollers and the second variant had a caged bearing with 12 rollers (slightly different from the super). Not sure if the cranks changed or not between these first two.

The Super 650 added a 5th anti-vibe, so different tank and different crankcase where the new anti-vibe attaches. The cylinder has a slightly different part number. Never compared the porting, but it does use larger 1/4" bolts to hold on the muffler. Muffler has a different part number too (larger holes for bolts). The crank and rod bearing also changed. The Super 650 used the same caged 14 rollers as a 750. Connecting rod is also a different part.

Thats' about all the old brain can squeeze out right now. Sure There's some other minor details that's been omitted. Definitely some fine saws, whichever variant ya end up with.

Dan

It'd be nice to start a/another thread on the 650/750's to see just what's out there and to assist others working on their projects. Thoughts? Best, and have a safe day. Max.:cheers:[/QUOTE]

Well if you like we can go ahead and use this thread for that. After it is called "Homelite 650/750 help" which pretty much sums it up. If so I will edit my first post to include this.

650/super650 differences

Lesorub is right!

The early 650's were diff from one another and I have only seen one with the oil adjustment knob on the top of the oil tank. The crank shaft is definately different. The 650 is a pn#12605 and it is different from the super 650 which shares the same crank as the 750. I base this on the same bearing part numbers.

Hoss, PM me on the side cover...........J

Very nice info Dan,
I had seen where Saw King had sold
a 650 on ebay that had the button or
knob for the oiler and i had never seen
one. Now i know. I got to find me one of
those early ones.

Lee

Back