• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Homelite 750 or Homelite 650

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bucked behind a guy that fell with one of those in the late 70's early 80's if I remember correctly. He ran a 42" bar but I also remember that he switched to a 2100 Husky during the time that I cut behind him. Something about reliability I think but I could be wrong. He may have smashed it. It was a long time ago. I was given a Poulan 5200 pulling a 36" bar by the company to run. Very reliable saw. We always wondered why Homelite and Mac stopped engineering better saws like the Europeans were doing. We all liked buying American.

....................We always wondered why Homelite and Mac stopped engineering better saws like the Europeans were doing. We all liked buying American.
Homelite, Mac, and Poulan all fell into the consumer trap of selling through big box stores. They designed small saws for homeowners that were sold in large retail box stores. Here it was Woolworth but there are countless ones all over the USA such as K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Tractor Supply, Pamida. They abandoned their dealers and chose to market small toss away saws ....large quantity and low quality.

Stihl was the last hold-out but they have now done the same thing. Stihl is sold in the retail box stores here. They still have to have a repair area but it is only in namesake as they do not carry a single part nor do any repairs.

Homelite, Mac, and Poulan all fell into the consumer trap of selling through big box stores. They designed small saws for homeowners that were sold in large retail box stores. Here it was Woolworth but there are countless ones all over the USA such as K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Tractor Supply, Pamida. They abandoned their dealers and chose to market small toss away saws ....large quantity and low quality.

Stihl was the last hold-out but they have now done the same thing. Stihl is sold in the retail box stores here. They still have to have a repair area but it is only in namesake as they do not carry a single part nor do any repairs.
Around here Stihl is still sold in dealers. Or Ace hardware who are independently owned. They carry a fairly comprehensive lineup, most of the blowers and whackers. No pro saws, the biggest being the 391. The other hardware store only sells the battery powered Stihl. If you want the commercial stuff your going to Caola equip in Worcester or Boston lawnmower in Westboro.
I had a 750 that had probably 10 tanks thru it. Still had the inspection number stickers inside the clutch cover. Awesome saws.

Back