Homelite C-51

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Srednas Semaj

Reaction score
Hey all

I have just recieved a Homelite C-51 Convertible Drive from my grandparents and was wondering if anyone new where i could find a repair manual to it??

Thnaks
Srednas Semaj

Welcome to AS, James/Semaj. Try a search :Eye: here using C-51 AND manual, & see what shows up. You'll probalby find some info for a owners manual & IPL, but I'm not sure about a repair manual. One of the collectors here might a repair manual; hopefully one them will respond to your thread ;) . Thompson1600, his user name here on AS, operates a site with some sort of manuals as PDF files, but I can't recall the site name.

Good luck, & I hope that his helps in some way. Oh yeah-I can check my Intertek book, but it'll be tonight before I can do so.

One of the older Intertec chainsaw repair manuals will cover the C series homelites. I know its in the third and fifth editions, and I think in the seventh, but not 100% sure. I'm almost positive it is NOT in the newest edition, so best bet is to hunt on eBay or as around for a used edition. If you don't have luck and can settle for an electronic copy, let me know and I'll try to scan the pages for you.

Dan

Thanks alot for your help I'll give Thompson1600 a bell and if i can't get anywhere with that or with eBay and the Intertec books i'll ask you to try and scan the pages if thats alright Dan

Thanks again

James

Srednas Semaj

If you send me your email address I can send you the parts book. As for repair I have most all of the Homelite service manuals. I will need to scan the correct pages which may take some time.

Bill

Bill, thanks for stepping up. I don't mean to be a PITA :eek: , or hijack this thread, but would you happen to have the repair manual for the 450? BTW, I'm in no rush, & it's certainly not critical. Thanks in advance.

Knot Whole said:
Bill, thanks for stepping up. I don't mean to be a PITA :eek: , or hijack this thread, but would you happen to have the repair manual for the 450? BTW, I'm in no rush, & it's certainly not critical. Thanks in advance.

I have have probably 4 feet of IPL's. I do not know of Homelite ever producing specific service manuals like Stihl has. The Homelite service manuals are by edition and are general as to model. I know I have a 450 IPL and I am sure I have a service manual that covers the 450. The problem after that is two-fold. The primarly problem is I got pissed at the scanner when it quit working the other night and I basically destroyed it. I cannot scan anything else until the boss (my wife) allows me to buy another. The other problem is it takes about 10 minutes per page to scan and email manuals. Send my an email and I will see what I can do for you.

Thanks,
Bill

And here I was thinking that I was the only person who took out my frustration by destroying inanimate objects! My last one was a brass watering nozzle (our hard water corrodes them real quick). Don't get me started on my POS Homelite blower....it's been thrown across the yard a few times.

Oh, yes, back on topic: Sounds like it might be worthwhile to get one of the early edition Entertek/Clymer books. I have the 10th ed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back