Homelite C 72

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoDipNoMore

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey All, I just picked up a "Homelite C 72" at a local garage sale. A nice lightly used saw just missing the chain. I did some research, this is a 80cc saw with a 18lb powerhead. In its day was this a big saw, was it considered a prosaw??? Any chance of finding a replacement bar to get away from the 404 pitch chain? Thanks all.

I happen to like my C-7. A bit heavy. Slower reving than even the SXL-925 but smooth easy power. Easy to start. Not much vibration. Runs crisp with good power. I am currently using a 28inch solid tip bar with a .404 chain. I pulls that combination just fine. I had a 3/8 sprocket tip bar/chain combo and it wasn't much better simply because the saw ran the same RPM's in a cut with the 3/8 as it did with the .404. Just run that saw with a .404 untill you waer out the bar and then switch over when your NEED to. My bet is it will out last your desire to cut with it. And yes it fits into the "Pro-saw" catagory in its time. That chassis eventually grew into the XP-Series of saws. I also happen to like my XP-1020....very similar to the C-72 just its 100cc's and feels and cuts as you would expect a 100cc saw to cut. Wears me out faster so I use the C-7 more.

Latest posts

Back