Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea mine is shot and likes to suck bar oil in the crankcase , its great for fogging mosquitoes.
Is those parts still available ?
There is another alternative route for some check valves. They do have fuel and oil proof check valves to fit fuel lines in the radio control hobbies I think they go for about 3 bucks each. They are very small and work anywhere where a hose is used

Anyone know the super 2
Oil system? I hooked everything
Up the way I got it and it sucks
Bar oil directly in the crankcase.

20160310_180131.jpg

20160310_180137.jpg

Got the new old stock piston, rings and cylinder in my 1050 today. Need to rebuild the Tilly next.
cead1028e61624f19226d1af0eaccc46.jpg
a0f03f002282c9cdcd12297ecf3cc34c.jpg
9a0e974c9cb25e93d9339f95059c3134.jpg
f63b7bcfcdff34085aec96515861d9ed.jpg
44deb96366e0c60a3554921c4d5bc699.jpg

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Anyone know the super 2
Oil system? I hooked everything
Up the way I got it and it sucks
Bar oil directly in the crankcase.

View attachment 491137

View attachment 491139
It will take some searching Coby but, somewhere on this thread is copy's out of my Clymers manual with the oil system explained.

Text me your email and I'll send you the scans.

Cobey, I think I've got an illustrated service memo with that info. Might be in the AM before I can get it located.

Sent from my SM-N910V

Thanks much Carl and Steve, I got it to oil , it needs fattening up, but I couldn't
Run it more at 1030 at night

Did you plug off the unused pump ports?
IIRC the 'pump' has a crankcase connection that will suck air.
Ya I plugged them, the oil tank pukes as soon as is runs a while,
The no hi needle carb sucks, it runs lean, even with the metering lever higher.
If it was mine I would hammer it in the ground and use it for a fence post.......
I get tired of taking the engine out, and the crappy plastic tanks are crap.........

If it was mine I would hammer it in the ground and use it for a fence post.......
I get tired of taking the engine out, and the crappy plastic tanks are crap.........

Now calm down Cobey. They can be made to run OK. ;-)

Part of the learning curve Cobey.

Next time avoid ten hours of labor in a sixty dollar saw.[emoji847]

Now calm down Cobey. They can be made to run OK. ;-)

I like the way they handle, I just don't have extra parts, if I ever had a good one
I would probably use it, I was fixing it for Thomas, I hate to fail, also what Carl said.
Thanks Steve. I hate messing with cheap plastic poulans also.
I like your little saw. It is sweet

Well if any of you are looking for a potential candidate for a old mag homelite I have a old blue super that might need a carb rebuild and lines. I did pour gas down the carb and it fired up and sounds solid with good compression.20160304_172018.jpg 20160304_172031.jpg 20160304_172046.jpg

Latest posts

Back