Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your block is the same there's just the one port at TDC in the block but it does have a groove around to the screen.

Pic of the block and the gasket I made for it in the PDF files below.

If you have a printer, those come our actual size when printed at 100% to use as a template.
So I fixed my gasket to open up that second impulse port, went back through the carba and made sure all ports and passages where clear, put it back in and still no joy. It will not even try to fire on carb fuel, runs on prime but dies right out.
I put it back on the shelf, it can sit there for another 4 years i guess.
I was able to start going through the $20 pile of saws, on of the super XL autos runs great, the XL 925 ran for a bit but needs a fuel line, the other super XL is very clean and I'm sure it will run.
The Lombard is going to be parts, it is missing the carb and someone has epoxies the entire bottom of the saw which suggests to me it's either broken or corroded out.
Havent messed with the echo, the plastic Mac, or the top handles.

Ya, I'm super excited. I have a fuel line and rear handle ordered for the XL925 I can't wait to run that beast!!!!
Got one more top handle running too. So that is 5 out of 10 that run and 4 of those 5 that only needed fuel.
I passed the Lombard on to a friend who has one that needs a coil, this one was missing the carb and the whole bottom being epoxied I figured it was best suited to a parts saw.

These 4 all ran with just gas, and pics of the 925. What is up with the clutch cover? Looks.like the clutch cut a hole through it at some point. Is that common?
35921bfa1d7044af8ccd34e22d2283ff.jpg
9af6c935989d709bcb91145ac99abaed.jpg
6946b808c50ca87336267142ec0a9257.jpg
0bac78243dd853055b2885fd7e3275e7.jpg

I was also thinking about passing this saw on to someone else. I cannot get it to run. It has new crank seals, air filter, recoil pawl springs, carb kit, fuel lines and filter, and and an atom module installed. Has great compression and fires on prime but will not run on the carb. I will pass it along for the cost of shipping if anyone is interested
3d77b30331097838f1314c3b6c279c61.jpg
92b47753817f0e940393b671cdb3d010.jpg
2d70c3fe35523d2adaeb9fbfb49c97ae.jpg
935b0b62bf7a799f02f08903d537b9ec.jpg
3b6d81dfab50767b40da98c537c4b4ff.jpg
042c6acec2b0bd5d44e69e47db8f0808.jpg

I was also thinking about passing this saw on to someone else. I cannot get it to run. It has new crank seals, air filter, recoil pawl springs, carb kit, fuel lines and filter, and and an atom module installed. Has great compression and fires on prime but will not run on the carb. I will pass it along for the cost of shipping if anyone is interested

That is a downer it won't run, given what you tossed into it. It even has the proper Homelite mount for those and the xl-123/76/130 saws. Kind of like a K095 with the narrow tail. FWIW, I come across trashed xl-1/super minis from time to time at the wreckers. The next carb I find is yours if you feel like waiting. Would mount right up. It would be less than the 4 years - lol.

Looks like someone didn't have that clutch assembly cover on tight enough. Seen a few of those that back out and cut a hole. Can also be tricky to remove/reinstall clutch if you just use a drift. I like a couple of keys ground down and pegged into the holes (minus the proper spanner). Claw end of a Estwing to turn 'em on/off. Redneck method.

A healthy 9xx is convincing. Smile makers. Better have a line on cheap bar oil.

Those two bolts, or one of them, holding the plate over the clutch would come loose and cut that hole. Pretty common.

You would have to wonder why every other manufacturer could keep the shoes in the drum without that plate but Homelite couldn't figure that out.

That is a downer it won't run, given what you tossed into it. It even has the proper Homelite mount for those and the xl-123/76/130 saws. Kind of like a K095 with the narrow tail. FWIW, I come across trashed xl-1/super minis from time to time at the wreckers. The next carb I find is yours if you feel like waiting. Would mount right up. It would be less than the 4 years - lol.

Looks like someone didn't have that clutch assembly cover on tight enough. Seen a few of those that back out and cut a hole. Can also be tricky to remove/reinstall clutch if you just use a drift. I like a couple of keys ground down and pegged into the holes (minus the proper spanner). Claw end of a Estwing to turn 'em on/off. Redneck method.

A healthy 9xx is convincing. Smile makers. Better have a line on cheap bar oil.
I wonder if the carb out of one of the top handles I got in my recent haul will work. I have 4 of them total all different models, not real sure what they all are lol.
One of the ones I havent messed with yet says lil red XL I think lol.

I wonder if the carb out of one of the top handles I got in my recent haul will work. I have 4 of them total all different models, not real sure what they all are lol.
One of the ones I havent messed with yet says lil red XL I think lol.

They are very likely HDC carbs in the top handle saws. Differences would be the throttle shaft bell crank, maybe the choke and the fuel needles

They may interchange with the HDC in your EZ to make it work.

These 4 all ran with just gas, and pics of the 925. What is up with the clutch cover? Looks.like the clutch cut a hole through it at some point. Is that common?
35921bfa1d7044af8ccd34e22d2283ff.jpg
9af6c935989d709bcb91145ac99abaed.jpg
6946b808c50ca87336267142ec0a9257.jpg
0bac78243dd853055b2885fd7e3275e7.jpg
@jamesmiller has a saw with that exact hole in the clutch cover. His might be a Super EZ, I forget. We tried to figure out what the heck it was for? My XL 924 has a tin plate that slides over the bar studs. Looks like it’s for extra protection on the knuckles. Some one, maybe undies or Leon, said that extra plate only came on saws with a full wrap, can’t remember that one either.

I love the XL900 series. With a 30 inch bar they would almost do what a Super 1050 would do, and not pull your pants off hanging in a tree. I gave a couple away. One had a wire loop on it and the guy I gave it to said the loop must be for use in a bucket. Wrong, it was for the saddle snap. Once upon a time men used big saws up in trees, because they didn’t make little girly top handles back then. I did buy another XL925 a couple months ago, ten bucks. Don’t think I’ll be giving any more away.

I've a couple with the extra steel chain guard. They are a pain to remove/reinstall. They came with the full-wrap option and they do keep you digits away from the chain. I think a lot of folks tossed them because they bend fairly easily and then are problematic to fit over the studs with limited clearance and patience.

Homelite - Ignition (9).JPG

I just spent about and hour grinding down all of the bumper links on the chain for the 925. The chain was new but I cannot even fathom someone putting safety chain on this saw.
Its semi chisel which I hate but I will live with it for now, money is tight.

I've a couple with the extra steel chain guard. They are a pain to remove/reinstall. They came with the full-wrap option and they do keep you digits away from the chain. I think a lot of folks tossed them because they bend fairly easily and then are problematic to fit over the studs with limited clearance and patience.

View attachment 743017
That's a nice 922. I'll have to check, mine is on a 924 or 925. In all the years I was around tree work I never saw a full wrap. I guess we had no need for one, and having to flush stumps close to the ground in residential yards, they would be a pain. My saw with the extra guard came from the Beltsville Ag Center, and did not have a wrap on it when I got it, but may have came with one. A couple months ago I bought my first saw with a full wrap, a Super 1050, for $40.
J0jcOoj.jpg

Latest posts

Back