Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple of questions. When I turn my s1050 on its side and not running gas leaks out of the carb throat. It has new diaphragm and gaskets I didn't replace the main needle it all looked good, but did replace all the other gaskets, I tested the check valve, it blows and wont suck. Next I'm replacing a P/C on a UT 10739 Big Red (PO straight gassed it) with an older model UT10045 blue SXLAO cylinder/piston and using new rings, the rear muffler mount hole sticks out further on the old cylinder than it did on the Big Red cylinder, but the muffler seems to bolt on okay, not sure if this okay or I need to sue the older muffler. Thanks
What carburetor is on your 1050?

Walbro SDC-74 the one with one T handle adjustment, no Hi-Low needles
Ok thats the same one as mine, if gas is pouring out then the diaphragm might not be hooked into the needle lever and sitting on top of it , easy to happen with tiny parts, and sometimes the screw that holds the pivot rod down isn't tight enough and the rod is allowing the needle to sit off the seat. Its an sdc carburetor though (luckily) they're pretty simple and reliable, take pictures and post them if you can't sort it out as a last ditch effort you can mail me the carb with a walbro k-10 kit and I'll rebuild it for fun.
The only othe thing I can think that would cause it to dump gas ( besides the carb)is if a reed was hanging open or broke , either way that super 1050 is an AWESOME saw and a real blast to run with a 3 foot bar. I have really enjoyed cutting with mine and think everyone should have the opportunity to also.

Ok thats the same one as mine, if gas is pouring out then the diaphragm might not be hooked into the needle lever and sitting on top of it , easy to happen with tiny parts, and sometimes the screw that holds the pivot rod down isn't tight enough and the rod is allowing the needle to sit off the seat. Its an sdc carburetor though (luckily) they're pretty simple and reliable, take pictures and post them if you can't sort it out as a last ditch effort you can mail me the carb with a walbro k-10 kit and I'll rebuild it for fun.
The only othe thing I can think that would cause it to dump gas ( besides the carb)is if a reed was hanging open or broke , either way that super 1050 is an AWESOME saw and a real blast to run with a 3 foot bar. I have really enjoyed cutting with mine and think everyone should have the opportunity to also.
Thanks for the help, I'll pull the carb, I'm an expert now and go through it again, the whole saw is in good shape so I know it must be something little, it dang sure runs great when sitting level.
20200307_125846.jpg

Thanks for the help, I'll pull the carb, I'm an expert now and go through it again, the whole saw is in good shape so I know it must be something little, it dang sure runs great when sitting level.
View attachment 804572
Hey she's a beaut! And surrounded by admirers!
I'm glad your gonna figure it out, thats a nice collection and shelving.

Okay I got it apart and installed the new needle and metering lever, I forgot to put a new gasket under the circuit plate so I'll put that in. I leveled the metering lever to the top of the carb body. anyone see anything missing? Thanks

Attachments

• 20200308_103312.jpg
    20200308_103312.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200308_103825.jpg
    20200308_103825.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20200308_103836.jpg
    20200308_103836.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 14
Here is the other side. I cleaned it up and found there was no inlet screen, What holds the screen in? Thanks

Attachments

• 20200308_105939.jpg
    20200308_105939.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200308_105941.jpg
    20200308_105941.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200308_110652.jpg
    20200308_110652.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 9
I have the kidney shaped cap and gasket, that's called the circuit plate I think,. The check valve blows and doesn't suck so its should be good. So it needs a welch plug over it? Your saying that there should be a welch plug over the inlet screen or somewhere else? Thanks

I have the kidney shaped cap and gasket, that's called the circuit plate I think,. The check valve blows and doesn't suck so its should be good. So it needs a welch plug over it? Your saying that there should be a welch plug over the inlet screen or somewhere else? Thanks
No just the cover plate, which way does the check valve "blow"?

Yeah the SDC diagram says a welch plug goes over the check valve under the cover plate. I can blow air into the check valve but cannot suck any out. How does the screen stay in the inlet hole. Thanks

Yeah the SDC diagram says a welch plug goes over the check valve under the cover plate. I can blow air into the check valve but cannot suck any out. How does the screen stay in the inlet hole. Thanks
The screen in the check valve is held in place by a retainer ring, and the check valve is not necessarily one way its supposed to feed at lower rpm than as the velocity of the venturi increases shut off the fuel inlet , but i dont know if that would have anything to do with the fuel pouring out of the muffler.

My carb looks just like yours, I think I have everything right under the cover plate. The check valve only allows fuel on direction and doesn't allow air or fuel to return. I ned to fiddle with the screen to get it in right, very hard to see. Thanks a bunch

Latest posts

Back